ID:4423

I'm a little freaked out now. That message you guys discovered is creepy. I hope it is just a coincidence, but I'm starting to think there is something very wrong about this place.

When I got a free moment (someone is almost always around), I went back down to Dan's office. No surprise, he wasn't there again. I decided to hunt around the room for some more clues, as well as take more pictures for you guys. Unfortunately I was in there less than a minute when I saw a security guy out of the corner of my eye. I got out of there fast! The only thing I grabbed was this piece of paper, which was crumpled up under the desk.

http://members.byond.com/brettlenon/files/scan.jpg

What is he talking about? I had never even heard of Dan before you guys told me about him. I don't know this Jim guy either. I assume that this is some other Brett ... but that seems pretty weird. It's gonna be hard sleeping tonight. They want me to come in tomorrow too. All of this work, all of this scary stuff, and they didn't even invite me to the Halloween party at the end of the month!
If you ever see anyone at that party dressed as a plastic body-bag, check to see if it's Dan. o.O

*Solves the mystery*
That's very creepy. The notes on the paper looks like something which would be written on the BYOND forums a long time ago.
If anyone's wondering, I nth termed the message (which means you go through the letters in the message and pick a letter every nth times). These are the results I got:

Term 20: e, s
Term 19: p, y
Term 18: e, l
Term 17: m, j, e
Term 16: s, n, a
Term 15: e, r, a
Term 14: r, t, u
Term 13: o, u, a
Term 12: b, t, l, a
Term 11: h, n, d, l
Term 10: c, e, r, s, b
Term 9: i, e, t, l, a
Term 8: w, s, t, n, s, a
Term 7: d, r, a, t, e, u, n
Term 6: n, b, e, t, r, l, u, a
Term 5: a, c, e, e, b, r, e, s, a, b
Term 4: s, w, b, s, e, t, t, n, l, s, l, a
Term 3: e, n, i, b, e, e, a, t, t, r, d, l, a, u, a, a, e
Term 2: h, s, n, w, c, b, r, s, e, e, n, t, u, t, r, n, j, l, y, s, u, l, s, a, b
Term 1: t, h, e, s, a, n, d, w, i, c, h, b, o, r, e, s, m, e, p, e, a, n, u, t, b, u, t, t, e, r, a, n, d, j, e, l, l, y, a, s, d, u, l, l, a, s, c, a, n, b, e

Now I don't know every language in the world, but that means nothing to me.

It's probably to do with the colours in the text.
Maybe they were waiting for you to back up that computer and it contained Dan's mind and Dan was emailing Jim through the computer and they were going to attempt to restore Dan to his body. o.O
Has anyone noticed that Brett never replies to comments?...
He does. "That message you guys discovered is creepy. I hope it is just a coincidence, but I'm starting to think there is something very wrong about this place. "
I will post a few questions that have been brought up on the forums:

1.What did Dan's screen look like on your second visit?

2. Why is it that you cannot talk in more detail about your job, yet you can release to the public [possibly] top-secret and private company files/records such as e-mail conversations?

3. What are the surrounding area to Dan's desk and the path leading to his desk like?

4. How is it that you've been able to successfully enter such a high-security section of your workplace twice without being caught?
5. are you a plant?
6. Can you go back down there and see exactly what is is supposed to be a description of?
7. If you do go down there... be extremely careful. If you need to confront the security be sure to be prepared! I say you get a taser or a pepper spray. Just in case.
8. You see how the paper is crunched? Could you get the fingerprints or any other forensic report from the paper? There's a part of the paper which clearly shows where a finger was placed.
What would he compare the fingerprint to?
We may find traces of Dan later and need confirmation.
Brett, any chance you could let us know your middle name, if you have one?
While you're at it, see if you can find out anything about Jim Schultz. Does he have an office you can take a look in? Is he listed in the directory? If any of his files are password protected, try '12345' for the password.

Oh, and don't get caught. :P
DAU, he can't...because that's not real paper. Look at Kudo's observations on the forums (Episode 2).
I can't get my head around that colored poem, but I am sure that they are refering to you when they talk about 'Brett.' I think they were waiting for you to finnish backing up that computer. Did you finnish that last wednesday/thursday? Try thinking back to any notable behavior around the place following that jobs completion.
"DAU, he can't...because that's not real paper. Look at Kudo's observations on the forums (Episode 2)."
Yes, but considering that this complete story is probably 100% fictional....