ID:44399

Keywords: contests, events

Sorry guys, I'm 2 hours late. That means the deadline is moved backwards by two hours.

But, I'll just get right to the point.

The theme is...
Water.

Prizes are based upon the points system outlined here.
  • 2000 Points for 1st Place
  • 1000 Points for 2nd Place
  • 500 Points for the Best Action Game

Here are the rules:
  • Entries must incorporate the theme, which will be released at the start of the contest. Entries that do not sufficiently incorporate the theme will be disqualified. Keep in mind that entries that do a superior job of incorporating the theme into gameplay will receive relatively good marks during the judging process!
  • Entires don't exactly have to be Action Games, but a special prize of 500 points will be awarded to the best Action Game.
  • Entries (including source code) must be submitted to [email protected] before 2:00AM BST on the 29th. Late entries will be disqualified.
  • All code used in entries must be written during the contest period. Resources, such as sounds and graphics, do not have to be created during the contest period.

Have fun! :D
What is it with you guys and water? <.<
Hot toilet based action turd shooter, here I come.
I imagine you'll be penalised for crude entries.

Besides, I think it's against the rules to submit a Zeta Rip (Buzing!)
Bah. I was seriously hoping you'd say "marshmallows," but I guess that's too far-fetched to be a theme.
The only thing I can really think of is a Pirate game... I figure everyone is shooting for that so I wont even bother... Gotta think of a game that can go with water!
Remember the time when you got a water pistol and played with your young friends in the garden... ;)
Gerdan wrote:
Remember the time when you got a water pistol and played with your young friends in the garden... ;)

I already thought of a game like that too... A bunch of people will probably be doing shooter game that use water-guns and water balloons... I seek originality!
"condition of aggregation"?
I'm more inclined to visualize a mechanical transport taking the player into a vast watery sewer/cave system and blasting away giant rats and slimy amoebas while tunneling through walls, claiming treasure, and trying to find his lost little sister.

An undersea action game where you must take your futuristic mini-sub deep into enemy territory while collecting treasures and upgrading your sub with new high-tech equipment.

Shipwrecked on an island, you must lead your group to safety by exploring the island, finding food, water, shelter and teaching your people how to survive, until they eventually can either be rescued for find a way to escape.

You are the mayor of a randomly generated town. Your town has some serious issues with water contamination, and you've got to deal with it.

Its is the year 3000 and you are onboard the space colony Atrimus, submerged in the depths of an ocean planet in a distant star system. Your communications have been cut off, and what is worse, some weird aliens have entered the colony borders. Things have gone awry and the colony is beginning to flood, and now you've got to find the means to avoid the aliens, stay clear of flooded areas, establish contact with a a rescue vessel and get out of the colony before its too late!
=| so we have a week to make any type of game based on .. "water"? boredomville: population: me, so I'ma give this a shot..
Based on Foomer's ideas, I came up with: Lode Wars: Underwater Edition!
A week to make a spongebob game eh? =p
Wow!! I was going to write a comment complaining about how you guys had screwed me over by picking the topic "Water" when instantly I came up with what I consider to be a GREAT idea..

=)... Dont be suprised if you dont recieve an entry from me though...

Edit: Nevermind... My idea was a flop :(
2 dollars for first prize?

:[
Airjoe wrote:

20* :p.... Not much really... But better then nothing.
How about: trapped in a city below water, build as a paradise for scientists, artists and engineers to pursue their dreams away from the scrutiny of the populace, but something goes horribly wrong when civil war breaks out over a substance which genetically enhances people, giving them superhuman abilities?
You could add in awesome water effects and some sort of big boss thing that looks like a diving suit.
That boss seems oddly familiar =3
20 dollars for first prize?

Airjoe wrote:

$20 for first prize. 100 BAP = $1 USD
Page: 1 2