Hey I did everything and even unchecked the hide this in the hub thing but when I look it up in the search engine it doesnt come up. why is this?
Do I have to have a webhost to make my game visible to others?
You only have to have a webhost to make your game downloadable. The reason your game doesn't show up in regular searches is that it counts as "unpublished" until it's in a Member's top 10 favorites (that is, it has a BYOND popularity rank). You can still find it, but you have to click the link on the search page to view unpublished entries as well.

To show up in most searches a game also has to be available--that is, it has to be downloadable or must have been played recently (the theory being it will likely still be available to play live). So if neither of those conditions are met, that will also impact a default search, and you have to allow searching through unavailable games.
can give you me a link to a TRUSTED webhost site and is there a chance of getting a virus from a webhost site? also are webhosts free? (sorry for all the questions)
The best place to ask those kinds of questions is on the developer forums.
How do I publish a game??? I did all of that but whenever I search up my game it doesnt show up as published
Cool-Sennin wrote:
How do I publish a game??? I did all of that but whenever I search up my game it doesnt show up as published

The search is based on popularity.
Would it be possible to combine these commands?

Eg: byond://Author.Game##guest##live

Just wondering~
Yes, you can chain commands.
this is cool
i did everything the guide said yet for some reason when i try to download my game from the hub page i created for it, it downloads then game, gets to 100% then says "unzip failed" any idea why? did i do something wrong? o.o
Dclary2011 wrote:
i did everything the guide said yet for some reason when i try to download my game from the hub page i created for it, it downloads then game, gets to 100% then says "unzip failed" any idea why? did i do something wrong? o.o

This question really should be taken to the developer forums, but the only hub entry I'm seeing of yours doesn't have a download listed. I recently left feedback for two users who had "unzip failed" messages. In one case they had renamed their project and the name inside the .zip file didn't match the path of the hub entry. In another case the .zip was not actually a proper zip file.
Thanks alot
but how do i make my self owner where do i find it
You are automatically the owner of any hub entry you create.
I really don't get this.
Linton, I encourage you to bring any questions about the process to the developer forums. If you can specifically describe which parts are throwing you, people there should be able to help.
do you make money?
Old comments sorted in order from oldest to newest instead of newest to oldest?
Newest at the end.
Page: 1 2 3 4