- Play BYOND as Guest without having to signup! Save those valuable keystrokes!
- Don't worry about installing BYOND ahead of time. The website now detects if it is installed and let's you know what to do when you are ready to play a game.
- There's no need to login to both the website and the software/pager. When you click on a game in the website, the site is smart enough to use your existing site login for the game.
- Access all of the common game options (playing, downloading, hosting, etc) right from the webpage for the game. We've expanded the BYOND URL format to allow more options.
- Users don't even have to visit BYOND.com to play your games, since 421 allows you to distribute your game as an executable file. Internally this simply runs BYOND on your game's URL (even downloading & installing BYOND if the user doesn't have it installed); externally the effect is just like a "true" EXE. This should add an element of professionalism for those of you who'd like to distribute games along indie channels. You can read more about that in this article at DreamMakers.
Although these are minor changes, we're hoping that they'll help us acquire and retain more BYONDers in this age of short attention spans!