Night Fantastic

by Zilal
Night Fantastic
How good is your aim in the dark?
ID:45690

Keywords: review
Gameplay
Night Fantastic is a moderately easy game to get into and you can simply find yourself looking at the clock an hour later noticing that the time just flew by. This is personally my all time favorite survival horror games if not favorite game on BYOND. Night Fantastic puts you in the shoes of a person who stepped into the mansion to find out if the myth of a life form that haunts the mansion is factual. You enter the mansion after your partner does, as you do so the door shuts leaving you in complete darkness.

Unlike other survival games on BYOND, this one does not encourage any type of role playing at all. As you are thrown into the mansion you carry a radio and a revolver which has only a couple of bullets, so you must use it wisely. So do not go firing off into the hours of darkness as you can potentially kill your partner(s).

As formerly stated, the setting is inside a mansion where an unknown Entity, which inhabits it, is currently roaming the mansion committing murders. The difference between this game and the majority of other BYOND game is that you do no see the map while playing, but instead you must exterminate the Entity and navigate the haunted mansion by using your other senses such as hearing and touching.

Presentation
Though the help guide is extremely simple it accomplishes what it sets out to do, teach players how to play the game. Due to the straightforwardness nature of this game, users can start playing in mere seconds.

There are no graphics for this game as it is text based, though if you do die you will see a basic map of where all player(s) and Entity are.

The sound is what really makes the game one of the pinnacle games on BYOND. You can hear every footstep within an assured distance as well as people bumping into walls. Users can break windows in which you can feel a chill roll down your neck. You can also hear gun shots far away which makes you think, “Is my partner in trouble or does he/she have every thing under control?” One of the best sounds in the game is the Entity; you hear a heavy breathing once it is in a certain distance of you, which can potentially scare any user.

There is an action button in which you can use to feel the environment around you. You can potentially feel a body which gives you the creeps as you know the Entity can not be too far away.

Originality
The idea of being stuck in a mansion with a killer is not unique but the way the game was created, text based with sound, brings a unique style to it. There is no doubt that this is the top survival games on BYOND.

Overall
Night Fantastic is about five years old, yet there has yet been a game to match its sole frightening feeling and style of game play on BYOND, which made this an instant classic. Users can subscribe to the game to potentially play as the mysterious Entity. The only downfall I see is that Zilal, the game’s owner, does not visit BYOND as much which delays any sort of improvement to this game. But with how the game currently is, there is not much to improve on besides some bugs which randomly occur from time to time. I would recommend this game to any person on BYOND, even if they did not like survival games previously as this game is too good to pass up.
I liked your review, though the gameplay doesn't deserve 10/10. It very easily tends to get boring after playing for some time, but that might just be me.

All in all, well done.

P.S. The new style sheet doesn't look too bad.
Gameplay is probably more opinionated, but still, any game gets boring after playing it for some time. So I judge it based off how good the game is and not the replay value.

Thanks, it took a while to find the right colors.
I should probably tell you that it does this on Firefox 2.0.0.16.
My brief diagnosis with Firebug seems to implicate this block:
#menu ul li {
background-color:#905B00;
float:left;
width:1%;
}
In particular, the float:left; line.
Hazman wrote:
I should probably tell you that it does this on Firefox 2.0.0.16.
My brief diagnosis with Firebug seems to implicate this block:
#menu ul li {
background-color:#905B00;
float:left;
width:1%;
}
In particular, the float:left; line.

Thank you for the report Hazman, though I do not have Firefox, I assume my blog should appear normal now.
It looks fine now, except for the Atom icon which has a plain white background rather than transparent. You may want to post a request to make it transparent somewhere if you want it to match the background.
Weird, I have IE7 and the Atom icon does not appear when looking at this blog for some odd reason. I'll look into it.