ID:45830

[image]
So you can emulate Windows? Linux has programs that can do that too!
You switched to a mac just to get windows? Epic failure.
Guess what? I can use Windows on Windows too!
parallels is pretty cool. IMO macs make really cool laptops and i would get a macbook in a second, however i would never ever get a mac desktop again because i like a really powerful desktop with minimal cost.

Parallels is cool because there is a mode where you can open something like BYOND.exe from your mac toolbar/desktop and it will run it seamlessly by running windows in the background and cutting the byond window out so it looks like it runs on a mac. Neat stuff indeed.
I've carried a project for two years on a mac and never once lost a damn thing. I let all my little brothers and sisters use it and download whatever, never get any spyware or anything.

There are no viruses or anything on the Macs because no one uses them!

P.S. Exgro how much ram are you using to be able to run that? With 1 gig of ram it doesn't run to smooth. (Of course I got my macbook pro refurbished from ebay for only $1000, it was brand new) ;p

A cheaper alternative would have just to have gotten Linux, and used VirtualBox.

In fact, I really can't come up with a reason why anyone would want OSX with Linux around.
i needed a new computer, so i just bought a macbook pro. i've always preferred os x over windows. and it's not like the hardware on this thing is any bad either.

it came with 2 gigs of ram out of the box. when i run ichat, itunes, parallels, firefox (on both oses), byond, and torrent, it uses a little more than half my memory. so i think that 1 gig is just under the necessary amount to run this smoothly. i suggest getting 100 dollars and going to newegg, and pick up 4 gigs of ram. memory these days is CHEAP.