ID:466425

(See the best response by Stephen001.)
Problem description:
I want to add a popup window during a battle.
Window would contain the buttons listed in the mob's list.
My question is if it's possible to show the buttons(so the objects) with only their icon in that window.
If yes could you please reply a code here?

I would recommend using another map in that window and adding them as HUD objects to that map. not exactly sure about how you use maps in separate windows though.
Best response
I suspect the preferred way would be via a grid actually, with show-names=false
Yeah I just prefer the more visually pleasing method, but more awkward all the same.
Mmm, I'm not sure I quite understand what you'd mean here by more visually pleasing?
Well it looks nicer is all.
Yeah, I understand what you said, I'm just not sure what is making you say it looks nicer? Presumably there's some part of the grid control you can't customise to your liking?
The size of the grid cells, always stuck at 32x32.
cell-span will let you merge cells to grant you more un-even sizes, however still, I'm fairly sure I've had a grid of names that was just whatever size the names needed to be, not 32x32.
That only works for names, if you try that with icons it only shows part of the image. He's probably better going with the grid method.
If it only shows part of the image, I'd be inclined to call that a bug or feature request. My expectation is the resizing logic should be the same for text, or icons.
Thx for the reply it helped me alot and made it easier :3
One last thing.
How do make the seperated map appear and dissappear
if it is in a seperate window just use:
winshow(src, "windows name in here", 1) to show it
and winshow(src, "windows name in here", 0) to hide it.
Thank you
You helped alot :D
No problem.