Keywords: bored

Poll: Which animation do you think should win

The Simpsons 12% (7)
Family Guy 38% (21)
American Dad 5% (3)
Futurama 40% (22)
King of the Hill 1% (1)

The polls are now closed.

So Fox 8 is hosting a battle of the animations. Needless to say, that's cool, because I can sofa it up for six hours watching four of my favourite TV shows (I don't think much of King of the Hill). And this got me to thinking, which of these TV shows is the best.

So I'm going to question the people of BYOND, being the only community I'm a part of that's large enough that I can hopefully get a precise answer.

So lads and ladies, which animation do you like the most? And if you're so inclined, why do you like it more than the others?
Futurama, because it is amazing, and it can make people get damn close to crying.

<3 Seymour :'(
The Simpsons was great up until a couple of seasons ago, it just isn't as funny anymore.

Family Guys still holds my interest from time to time but in my opinion, it isn't as funny as the Simpsons were. But I do like the way when they say something like, “Remember what happened last time” and they actually show a funny clip.

American Dad tries way too hard to be funny, I dislike everything about that show and I am quite surprised it has lasted this many seasons.

Futurama was and still is great, but once it changed to Comedy Central for some reason I lost some interest in it. Correct me if I’m wrong but it now comes on earlier than it did when it was on Adult Swim. I tend to watch T.V. late at night so I normally miss the show now.

King of the Hill is about the only cartoon I watch now. I’m not sure why I like it either, maybe I can somewhat relate to some situations. I just like how the creators aren’t trying to make the show very funny but instead more realistic. Also, Hank Hill’s love for propane is hilarious.
FOX is really just remaking their plots anyways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYdDwF6we1s
King of the Hill and Futurama are awesome. The Simpsons is good, but I've seen it way too much to enjoy it as much as I used to.
Futurama is easily my favorite. I think it does something the Simpsons used to do really well which is generate characters. They'll create a really good character for two lines of dialogue and then you'll never see them again.

If you were doing a 'greatest moments' or 'greatest episode' contest Simpsons would probably win. Over the years they've done some great bits but right now its like the writers don't understand the characters.

King of the Hill is great because the jokes come from knowing the characters. Things like Bobby living in the dog house so Ladybird doesn't have to be an outside dog wouldn't make sense. On King of the Hill you understand why each of the characters reacts to the situation the way they do.
Its not something I go out of my way to watch but its very comfortable when I do. A relaxing, low-impact sort of comedy.

Family Guy was great back when it was more like American Dad. The newer stuff is more of an animated sketch show which I like, I just can't really get super into it.
Am I the only one who doesn't think that Family Guy is all that funny? I don't know... it has its moments I guess.

South Park should be on that list, even though the most recent season kinda sucked.
SilkWizard wrote:
South Park should be on that list, even though the most recent season kinda sucked.

The channel (FOX 8) is doing its battle of the animations thing. South Park is on another channel (Comedy Channel).
SilkWizard wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't think that Family Guy is all that funny? I don't know... it has its moments I guess.

Nope, I can't stand anything after the second season. I can watch the third one and laugh a little, but it's just not the same.
Family Guy FTW
Those Random moments are the best!
Who the hell calls cartoons "animations"?! Hahaha, you silly Australian.
Family Guy, god tiberath makes my metapod harden
Family Guy is fantastic, but The Simpsons should win- it's been consistently funny since before 99% of BYOND's population were even born.

American Dad isn't bad, but not nearly as good as Family Guy. Futurama is terrible. The only reason you'd want to watch it is to somehow justify all the wasted hours of your life spent on the internet posting about how good it is.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Futurama, because it is amazing, and it can make people get damn close to crying.

<3 Seymour :'(

Second
SilkWizard wrote:

South Park has and will always suck, being that the punch lines to it's every comedic overtone is potty humor or an angry Cartman. It's utterly ridiculous and unfunny entirely.
IMO Futurama is the best on the list followed by family guy, the others are iffy =/

At the moment it's a tie between Family Guy and Futurama, who will win? Only time will tell.
Wait, in the short amount of time it took me to make that post, Futurama took the lead...
As much as I like Family Guy, I gotta say Futurama. I've been watching its repeats over the years and I'm still laughing at it, its just that hilarious.
It's either Family Guy or Futurama; I chose Family Guy because I haven't been able to watch Futurama for almost a year.
Page: 1 2