ID:4686

I have avoided from posting about my personal life in this blog, but I will make an exception now. In twelve days I will have to give up my key and unless some wonder happens until then, I will be without a place to stay.

The reasons for this and how events have managed to reach this level are manifold - I made mistakes, other people made mistakes, and how things often happen, several fateful events beyond my control happened at once and now its too late to do anything against it.

If it weren't for my free university over here, I would already be on my way to Canada and/or California, both places where I have friends who would be more than helpful to help me set up something and start a new life. Particularly in California, where I have very fond memories of the months I lived over there in early 2004, despite actually being in a potentially worse situation then than I am now.

I am in a country where being homeless is more or less an impossibility... however, there are always rare exceptions to the rule where paperwork gets lost and people fall through the cracks. I am one of them. Foreigners who can't read or write in German are another. Tonight I am going to inform myself where the nearest soup kitchen is. I need to stay someplace.

This weekend I will start to pack my stuff together. I am not materialistic - I won't mind that much losing my stuff, but I want to at least make back-up copies of the stories I wrote and photos I haved. I want to keep at least those memories, no matter what happens.

I don't know how this will turn out. Maybe I can manage to find a place - a would be very glad if that happened. Maybe I'll sleep on university ground and shower in the sporthalls. Or I might give up and emigrate across the ocean, but I really don't want to give up on my education. I am already too old to not have any degree or the like.

Well, I just wanted to give you all a heads-up over the situation I am. I kinda wish Xooxer was still around, I am sure he could have given me some good tips. Anyhow, I'll make an update or two before I disappear, and even then I'll have access to the university computer labs. As I posted in my own personal journal: "Funny how I'll have easier access to the Internet than basic living conditions."

Thank you for your time.

splatty
Splatty =( That's no good!

I'll house ya if you ever want to come over to New Zealand. ;) Mate and I are about to pay the bond on our new flat. =D

Hope things sort out for you.
Ah, yeah its a bum being chucked out, you should be ok as long as you got people to help though. Tip if you do end up on the streets for a bit, dont react to abuse or insult unless your a good fighter, and theres less than 3 of them.
Poor Splatty! :-(
I hope you get a new home sorted out. I just finished the Nautilus Robot in Legacy as well :-(.
How much of your course have you still got to do? If there isn't much, you shouldn't be too badly off, even if you don't find somewhere to stay.
I'm sorry to hear it, Splatty. Since you can't get government aid, you might be able to get some help from a local church -- some churches are better at this than others, but you should be able to find one that will help you out (without regard to your religiosity or lack of it).

Just don't get involved in some kind of Jihad. Those are just tacky.
Jesus. Good luck.
That sucks.

But, I hope things work out for the best.
My god thats horrible! I feel such sympathy for you, I'm so sorry for whats going to happen to you and give you my best wishes. I know you probably don't know me, but reading something like this is just devastating, I couldn't help myself but give you my blessing and pray for you. I hope everything ends up fine for you, especially for your education seeing as it is infact the most important thing while working towards a career. It sickens me to see people let such intellect go to waste, and those people doing such can burn for it!
Again, best wishes, and good luck in the future...
Gotrax
Um, I know I can't do much here because I'm 14, but if I can manage to "whore" up some money from doing some web design on the net, I'd want you to have it.
We'll miss you splatty, and hope it turns out okay! But remember -- Who needs proper living conditions when you have The Internet?!?!
Darn... rents said no pets including internet friends :( sorry
I know you probably don't know me, but i don't think it really matters. I'm sorry you have to lose your home, and I wish there was some way to help. Good luck man.
How does a $400 dollar donation sound from my Serenic/Flagrun funds? :(
No! Splatty! :( We acn't live without our splatty. We'll miss ye splatts, and always have you in our high hopes (along with Xooxie). Since you'll have Internet access, keep yourself updated. We're always here for emotional support, even Mertek. Heh. :) Live well and prosper! :( \\//
Thanks for the kind words. I am certain that some type of solution can be found... I hope.

Divine, I appreciate the thought, and am very, very thankful for the offer, but I really don't need any money - there are people out there in the world who need money much more than I do. If you want to donate anything, donate it to them. I eventually will get my student loans in, if the red tape is ever broken. So that is not a problem - not managing to find a roof is the major one I have right now.

splatty
Splatty, I wish I could invite you to live with me, I've always wanted a pet nautilus...

But, seriously, good luck. You may want to check out shelters for the homeless ors something though. Good luck, Splatty. =(
*cries WHY DOES ALL THE GOOD GAME MAKERS LEAVE OR GO HOMELESS* bye
That sucks. =/ Hope it works out okay eventually. Good luck!
Dang splatty, your luck just sucks. I hope you get something figured out soon.
=\