ID:47440

Well, my membership is down to 37 days *yes, I know that's still 5 weeks for those who can divide 37 by 7* and well I better start looking for a job *sad how I only look for a job when I want a BYOND membership isn't it?* and I've come to a realization on my computer issues. Firstly, my computer is a piece of crap and I'm trying to host a game on it. This causes plenty of problems because not a lot of people enjoy taking an extra 30 ticks to move forward and well I really can't blame them. So, I've decided once I get a job to first renew my BYOND membership because it's so important *not really* but I can't stand getting on the HUB to reach games lolz so I guess I do need it. Once, I pay that $18 unless it goes up again I'm going to save up roughly $1500-$2000 to build my self a new computer which hopefully if I get a good paying job *minimum wage* and work good hours which sadly I think is maxed at 18 hours do to the lovely thing we call school. Even though I'm 17 the dang school can tell me how long I can work doesn't seem quite fair. Anyways back on topic, I don't even know what to begin to buy for a computer that has good gaming capabilities. I was thinking a GE Force graphics card and a Pentium Processor with a new Motherboard but aside from that I have no idea. So if anyone has some suggestions please go ahead and pitch them I'd be greatly appreciative.

Now, onto another matter. Aside from having a slow ass computer I also have parents who think I spend too much ont he computer *I spend roughly 4 hours on a good day 2 if they are paying attention* and it's really pissing me off. Too the point where I'm mad at them practically all the time and of course that isn't helping my case. So, if I end up dissapearing for a while no worries I probably just got grounded *again* and am glaring at my parents for being unfair.

Well, it's 9:30 PM and I better be getting off if I want to keep the bosses happy. Expect more updates as I want to actual start using this before my membership expires.
I'll help you once you save the money up. Computer part choices change a lot in a year.
Many thanks SpikeNeedle I'll add you to my pager and keep you in mind once I get the money.
._. I'll show you how to get your servers up...Well I see you have it up.. >>
Geforce covers nVividia's entire range of graphics cards... and the Pentium is ancient! You can put together a pretty swift Dual Core for £200 nowadays.
OSNAP.
How about just buying the best gaming laptop in the world?
It's at the higher end of your price range, but it's amazing.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/ laptop-alienware-m17x?c=us&l=en&s=dhs

The Alienware M17x.
Starts at roughly $1779 instead of the $5000 that it used to go for.
Eight gigabytes of RAM, and 1333 Megahertz processor.
One TERABYTE of hard disk space.
AND THE KEYBOARD GLOWS.
It's not really $1779... to get the better graphics card put in, and a half-decent processor you need to pay more. Properly kitted out it comes to nearly $5000 anyway...

I suggest;

Sapphire ATI Radeon 3450 -£20
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (2.6GHz) Socket AM2 - £43
ASROCK N68-S GeForce 7025 Socket AM2+ VGA Out 6 Channel Audio MATX Motherboard - £30
Crucial 2GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL6 Lifetime Warranty - £26
Samsung F1 Hard Drive *One TERABYTE* - £55
Antec 200 Case- £35
Antec Basiq Power 500W PSU - 20+4pin 2x SATA 1x PCI-E 5x Molex - £40
DVD-RW - £15

Total - £264

But you can grab a smaller hard drive to knock off £30, and you can probably take the DVD-RW out of your old computer to shave off another £15.

And for £264 this computer will match the Alienware laptop suggested which is $1800... if you want to really game you might need to upgrade the graphics card from the 3450. I recommend a second hand ATI Radeon 4870 1GB as these can be found for £70 and are amazing.