Wargames

by Acebloke
Wargames
[AMT] Join the war or build a city
ID:474448

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
People, notably Nutyy, have used auto-clickers to get an edge over other players for years now. In the end, it leads to an unfair and unbalanced gaming environment. Especially for a game like Wargames, where the turn counts create competition, this is not optimal. In the end, these same individuals use them to attack other countries while not actually being at the computer, and their palpable malice for others ruins the strategic aim that Wargames continually moves towards strengthening.

Basically, create some kind of confirmation on every attack; that way, auto-clickers will not be able to be used. Along with that confirmation, a short math problem (such as 2+2) must be answered for the attack to go through. Also, make these problems appear randomly; so, preset short equations like 2+2, 1+1, 1+2, etc, to appear randomly with each confirmation window.
Traditionally I've allowed it, and in some cases I purposely wipe out their armies myself enough so they keep attacking, losing, and wasting their precious oil which drains them to 0 with no gain; I consider that a valid counter tactic.

That said I take your point, but a validator at attack would be annoying as hell even if it was randomised for a set number of turns/attacks before the next validation.

I will look into it and see if I can find an alternative form, perhaps by making combat more complex.
I understand your concerns regarding the use of auto-clickers. However, due to the fact that auto-clickers are publicly available i am unsure as to why you claim i have had "an edge over other players", as surely if someone seriously wanted to challenge for victory in Wargames they could easily employ the services of the vast number of auto-clickers available for free

The fact that you openly criticise my use of auto-clickers while not admitting your own usage of them is hilariously ironic but proves that other people can use them if they so desire and serves as a reminder that i am not the only one to use them.

Despite this, if a new and improved combat system were to be implemented that made the use of auto-clickers redundant or inefficient i would embrace it entirely.
NarutoRocks3000 wrote:
People, notably Nutyy, have used auto-clickers to get an edge over other players for years now.

There are tons of free autoclickers out there. Everyone has access to them. You shouldn't act like it is an unfair advantage when everyone can get one.

Another thing. This post seems like a rage driven endeavor. You yourself use an autoclicker, and you werent complaining about it when you were the one killing people, but when someone uses it against you its a complete different story.

One more thing, lol. I would like to see a different combat system that works well. The system in place now is lacking =/