ID:48003

I shouldn't post anything that would distract you from the fine games on BYOND.com [1], but some of you might be interested in signing up for the beta of Good Old Games (http://www.gog.com/en/intro).

The three most appealing points, IMHO:

"2. So you’re cheap. It’s okay – we are, too.
We sell games for $5.99 and $9.99."

"3. You buy it, you keep it.
Don't let your DRMs turn into nightmares (clever, eh?). You won't find any intrusive copy protection in our games; we hate draconian DRM schemes just as much as you do, so at GOG.com you don't just buy the game, you actually own it."

"4. All games are Vista and XP compatible.
Thanks to our handsome programming team, the classics are now Windows Vista and Windows XP compatible."

Sounds worth a try -- if you've already bought a BYOND membership, at any rate!

[1] On a completely unrelated note, today I edited the index.html file of my long-standing GUG.COM site so that it immediately redirects to BYOND.COM.
Completely unrelated I assume means you didn't type www.gog.com when trying to visit your own site? =)

I can't wait to see how this turns out. Fallout is something I never really got to experience, and now I may be able to do so without worrying about compatibility problems.
"Completely unrelated" means I would never, ever stoop so low as to take advantage of owning a domain name very similar to the name of a domain offering a very similar product. Never. Nope.

OR WOULD I???

There is now not an excuse for not playing Fallout 1 or 2.
I just wish my copy of Fallout 1 wasn't scratched. I got Fallout 1 and 2 in a bundle with one another, and had many hours of fun until I wound up having only FO2 left.

I discovered this much to my chagrin as I attempted to boot up Fallout 1, resolving to go through and beat the whole game instead of trailing off at the military base.
Oh snap. Fallout 2 will finally be mine!

I can picture myself sinking a lot of money into this site, particularly if their library includes SSI games.
I randomly came across this a while back and signed up for the beta. I got my key just before I left for Uni and now having a 40mbps (MAX is currently downloading at 2.5MB/s) connection will really help. I had stuff downloading from steam at like 9MB/s last night, it was crazy.