ID:48206

Wednesday, September 16, 2008
This release was generally a small project to get me back into the "Fortay development cycle". There are mostly miniature graphic changes with very few new features.

Hopefully I can crunch down the size of this game’s resources by the next release. While talking about the next release, due to some map loading issues I could not get the map creation tool out. So I hope it will be done when 1.5 is about ready.

One thing you might notice is that I allowed users to subscribe to this game. For life time, the cost will be $5.00 for non members and $3.00 for members. Though, as of right now, there is nothing too extraordinary for subscribers, as you can tell by the hub. So if you are interested with buying a subscription, I suggest waiting for the 1.5 release.

Updates:
  • Update: Wins and Loses are now shown and saved
  • Update: Hub now displays sever champion and last winner
  • Update: Graphical Interface for room creation
  • Update: Unused maps will be deleted when no players are playing
  • Update: Users can now subscribe ($3.00)
  • New Map: (Plain Space) This is a open field map
  • New Map: (Lava Field) A maze which is surrounded by lava
  • New Faction: (ZipComs) For subscribers only

• Adding in several new game modes will be harder than I took into consideration, due to my sloppy programming style. The same goes with the bots, which I semi-promised to be released this time. I may start from scratch very soon; I dislike the way this project is currently heading.

As always, if you have any questions or suggestions; feel free to email them to [email protected]. Please include either the game’s name or BYOND within the title. Or you can easily use the Forums.
Adding in several new game modes will be harder than I took into consideration, due to my sloppy programming style. The same goes with the bots, which I semi-promised to be released this time. I may start from scratch very soon; I dislike the way this project is currently heading.

I know the feeling. This is why my first two projects flunked; I'm going to try something a bit more intuitive this time around.