ID:4854

Man, is there some kind of internal clock that makes you want to play old games or something? All this chat about Hedgerow Hall(is that spelled right?) makes me think. What do people like in a game like this, is it the roleplaying itself?

I doubt it, but it could be a smaller factor. People probably like the whole open-endedness and community feeling of it. I've never played it personally, and if I had a chance to I wouldn't, because i'm not into anthro or whatever you would call that. I've heard it called furry, i've only seen that when people describe the genre of RP they are doing or do. I'm pretty sure I don't need to have played it considering i've read all these in-depth descriptions of it recently.

It's kind of funny though, a lot of people talk about roleplaying when they describe it. Sure, it had enforced roleplaying, but I don't really think that's what gets people hooked. As i've said before, the open-endedness is key. That's what i've noticed about SS13, you can literally take what you want to out of the game and play it pretty much any way you want.

Officer Falcon's original creation, Deadly Waters, almost nearly enforces roleplaying, but I don't think that's what players like about it. They like the actual game, without boring you to death, I will decribe it as a 'teamwork based game'. From what I read, HrH is essentially a 'community based roleplaying enforced RPG'. My own assumptions of course. I try to use my blog in a productive way, I guess.
Furry scum need to die =(
I like roleplaying when playing online war games.

"ROGER THAT"
I don't like roleplaying either. I'm egotistical so it's all about me. I don't want to play as someone else in some online world, I want to play as me. I don't say things like, "I am thee dark night ready to slay my opponents...", I say things like, "haha i earned a level now your my bitch".
I think its because its nice to get away from the stat based, adventure, slay the big woozle kind of role playing that most games have come to in this day.

Games like War Craft, EverQuest and Final Fantasy Online try to create a community like atmosphere, but in the end, everyone is still just trying to be better then everyone else stat wise.

Well Kunark, I wasn't exactly saying that I dislike roleplaying. I was saying that people like the GAME, not the ROLEPLAYING. You can roleplay all day in the newbie area without actually playing the game, but the game is what people want to play.

Shades, I don't believe you can compare it to popular MMORPGs because of the fact that those try to create a community with NPCs. Almost all of the people just play the game. I believe this game creates a community with the people.