Final Resurrection

by Volkov911
Final Resurrection
Do you think you have what it takes to achieve the Final Resurrection?
ID:48598

Before I start the review I would like to say something.
I have played this game for 2 or 3 days in the past and I think it really needs a review.
Final Resurrection is a Dragon Ball game. On the beginning Final Resurrection was nothing more than just Zeta’s rip,
by time passing Final Resurrection evolved to its current status! The game doesn't seem to be similiar to any other BYOND Dragon Ball game.

Review:
Gameplay: 7 - Quality of play experience, user-friendliness of interface
Before you can play, you must select your name, race and gender. When you select race you see text: "(...)This is not a Saiyan rule
all game, all races have advantages and disadvantages" - at start it made me think that FR is more balanced than any other DB BYOND game.
You start on the small island with random hairstyle and few random clothes. Talk to the NPC to teleport to the real world.
First minutes in the game aren't especially fun, you have no other choice than punching a bag to level up and increase your basic stats.
The most boring training is meditation on the pads (press macro every 2 minutes) to get some knowledge of ki (kok). When you trained enough
in the gym you can train by other, better and less boring way - killing monsters located on the map. You can also and get quests,
rewards helps you very much at start. You train very hard just to fight other players and to be in the toplist. By leveling up you become stronger and get
few techniques. The way how you can build up your character using statpoints you got is very amazing. The good thing here is how each statistic is very
important for you. Even if someone trained powerlevel for a long, and now he is top 1 powerlevel, he can easly be defeated in close combat by someone
with higher basic stats (strength, speed, endurance). When you are bored of fighting and training you can play in "Guild". This game has the most advanced guild system I have ever seen. I very like that system; you can donate cash to guild to increase guild fund. Cash in the guild fund can be spent by guild leader on the Guild House (GH), equipment to the GH or license which allow you to invite new members to the guild. Ok. I wrote short description about the game and my opinions. That's also enough about quality of play experience. Time for interface; the game doesn't have any interface. The game's using BYOND basic interface which doesn't look good compared to interfaces in other games.

Presentation: 6 - Quality of graphics, sounds, etc.
Quality of Most of the turfs are ripped from RPG Maker XP. I think main Theme is cool, not sure if original or not. There aren't any other sounds in the game besides teleport, IT and dragon's (from balls) sounds.

Originality: 8 - How original is the concept or style of play?
As I have seen, owner of the game doesn't steal ideas of other games. Final Resurrection has own forum where players post suggestions and ideas. Most of them (besides suck ideas or stolen) were really good and original so owner added many of them into the game. Most of ideas and systems are original (including: guilds, statistics, races, skills, fighting). Style of play isn't very original, it's just normal. Basically the game depends on training and fighting (just like other games) but in this one those things are very advanced and unique.

Overall: 8 - What is your general impression of the game?
The game has a great potential. After few years of changes the game is still changing and updating. When I first logged in the Staff impressed me, they are very active and helpful. They respond quickly when regular player needs help. The game is cool but after 3 days I was bored of killing all those monsters. That's why from time to time you can rest from training and go looking for dragonball or portal which gives you one of 5 unique skills. I have seen some players in FR who were in the game just for chatting with others with is unusual nowdays in anime games. The thing that really bugs me is a start. New players have no idea what to do in the game, that's why FR is losing them. You start on the small island with the gym and 1 NPC, nothing is explained to you. I really think that game needs a good ingame tutorial. I give the game 7 because it's good. I would give it a 8 or even 9 if they haven't had ripped icons, few verbs from zeta and if they haven't forgot to add good tutorial and few more features. Let's try this game, it doesn't cost anything. Thanks for reading.
Seam used to play that game....i played it before. it looks somewhat decent now though(havent played in a year and a half)
You're forgetting that awesome little tune it plays when you first connect. Not a bad review, but you're bringing the game down a bit IMO. It's better than how you described it.
May I also say, that unlike a lot of games, Final Resurrection has a terrific staff and community.
You could have gone into more detail on the gameplay. I know for a fact it has one of those stat reliant combat systems, moreso a game of numbers.
I played that game for two weeks when I began BYOND (it was one of the reasons why I joined). After about 2 weeks, I began to play another game without the need to train for hours and just stopped playing.
Jeff8500 wrote:
I played that game for two weeks when I began BYOND (it was one of the reasons why I joined). After about 2 weeks, I began to play another game without the need to train for hours and just stopped playing.

You stopped playing FR because you found a game with faster leveling?
Howey wrote:
Jeff8500 wrote:

You stopped playing FR because you found a game with faster leveling?

No, because I found a game with no training*. Let's not forget we're talking about the game over 2 years ago, by the way.

*Ok, there was a little, if you were the battling sort of person. Still, it was more focused on fun rather than training.
very fair review
All the graphics looked ripped(Or used by RPG Maker, which is still ripped). So I would think the originality and presentation would suffer for that.
The main song is original. I made one for each of the servers. (Wolf, Phoenix, Dragon, Lion, and Snake) Unfortunately, they only have the one server so my genius isn't felt in its full impact. http://himynameistyler.com/music.html You can find the rest on my personal site. The ones with the asterisks are FR themes.

As for the graphics not used by RPG Maker. The monsters are still ripped, as are furniture. But the beams, most NPCs, the player icons, clothing, hair, and items are all original. Trust me, they took forever. The original base for the humanoids, Namekians, and Buus are created by Andersog specifically for FR. Then when he left I took over and animated them and made the remaining races.

As such, Andersog has returned and I have left so we'll see what happens in the future.
So? Anyone can find a song on the internet and put it in a game, also I said your game uses alot of ripped icons, I ddint say I want to know which ones are. It doesn't matter if the base or whatever is original, and you shouldn't get rewarded for it. You should have just started the game from scratch. (By you I mean you and Andersog I guess).
Bakasensei wrote:
So? Anyone can find a song on the internet and put it in a game

BlackBirdOmega wrote:
The main song is original. I made one for each of the servers.

Bakasensei, read the whole message. A comment on something that isn't accurate is a waste.
Bakasensei wrote:
So? Anyone can find a song on the internet and put it in a game, also I said your game uses alot of ripped icons, I ddint say I want to know which ones are. It doesn't matter if the base or whatever is original, and you shouldn't get rewarded for it. You should have just started the game from scratch. (By you I mean you and Andersog I guess).

First, not my game. I just worked a lot on it, so I know a little bit about what is mine and what isn't.

Second, I made the songs myself. I am Tyler, that is my site. Hell, I have the original sheet music I wrote it on in a folder next to my desk.

Third, I was simply letting you know which were original and which were not. Don't get all defensive about it.
I think the rating is fine until the game gets a bigger base population, which isn't happening right now. but I do believe that the presentation is a bit low....maybe really low from what you put.
How do i make a character?
how can i play
Charlzy wrote:
How do i make a character?

Fail.