ID:48819

I missed the initial stuff on Little Big Planet, and ever since then I've constantly been hearing about it. However when I say 'hearing about it' I mean I see pictures of things like Solid Snake as one of those teddy looking things.
Its always about how Little Big Planet relates to stuff and not Little Big Planet itself.

So can someone just take a second to explain what the deal is with everyone tripping over themselves for Little Big Planet?

(That and pictures of cats with retarded captions under them. I seemed to miss the start of that one and it confuses the crap out of me. Is it because cats are inherently retarded and that's funny? Or is it because internet dwellers like acting retarded and sticking pictures of cats on it somehow emerged as the socially acceptable outlet for this retarded behavior? Like joking that you want to make out with your friend just to test the waters a bit.)
What the hell is Little Big Planet?

Ohhhh .. never heard of it PS3 is evil anyway :P
Little Big Planet is basically a game that has endless content, I'm not totally sure about the gameplay but I hear it's like Lemmings on a much larger scale. As in you give each of your little people a job as they march through the level and each job provides options on getting through.

Or something like that, I don't really pay THAT much attention to this stuff seeing as I don't have any next-gen...anything.
Nadrew wrote:
I don't really pay THAT much attention to this stuff seeing as I don't have any next-gen...anything.

I have a WII can you count that as next-gen :P haha i am not a big gamer anyway would rather have fun and the WII is pretty fun when you are drunk :P
From what I've seen, Little Big Planet is a multiplayer platform game with a lot of customization options and user-generated content distributed across the PlayStation network.

As for the cats, I read somewhere that they were a 4chan meme, but I don't hang around there to know.
I've played the beta of it, and basically it is a platform game, but physics play a massive part in the game. And the physics are very realistic.

Additionally, it has an inbuilt level editor, that is highly customizable and has very few limits outside of what you can imagine. Sharing these levels is very easy to do.

Anyway. From what I have played, it is in generally a very fun platform game, it blows every other platform game I have played right out of the water.
The gameplay is excellent and smooth, the level designs are very clever and the music is pretty awesome.
This combined with user generated content probably means you'll be able to play it for a long time and always have new stuff to do.
Multiplayer is also crazy fun.

Basically, LBP is going to be the best platform game ever made + user generated content.
Some guy compiled a bunch of image macros of cat pictures that were usually posted on Saturday onto a website. It exploded in popularity from there.
Nadrew wrote:
Or something like that, I don't really pay THAT much attention to this stuff seeing as I don't have any next-gen...anything.

Nobody has next-gen anything, it's all current-gen now.
Smoko wrote:
Nobody has next-gen anything, it's all current-gen now.

But if we admit that they'll just release another wave of consoles on us.
DarkView wrote:
But if we admit that they'll just release another wave of consoles on us.

They can't do that, I've only just completed my collection!
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4491.html

Watch some gameplay footage. Little Big Planet, to put it simply, is side scrolling platformer with an extremely well designed map editor. You can create objects by carving, cutting, and adding. Which means you can create whatever shape you want. Physics are pretty good, so you can use them to create mechanically contraptions. You can also use any standard USB webcam(or the Playstation Eye) to take sample textures. So you end up with pretty much full editing powers.

Building maps is a colab effort(single console for now, but they have a patch planned for online map making) where you and 3 friends can work together to create a map. Or, if you have dicks for friends, you can make a map, and have them thrash it.
its fun thats what the deal is
Little Big Planet 2 is going to fix many of the LBP flaws. LBPwns.