ID:48847

Now Joe Biden was doing fairly well, and as an experienced politician, that is what I would have expected.

Until around the very end, when he started talking about the role of the vice president.

Basically, what he said is this:

The vice president's role is to support the president. There should be a line for the vice president and he should adhere to that line.

In contrast to what Palin was saying:

Give me even more POWER!

In other words, Biden is going to do nothing with his vice presidency while Palin would probably kick McCain's head in if she disagreed with him.

I am very surprised how strong Palin was in the debate. She proved the media wrong, she showed she wasn't just a proxy of McCain's words (while Biden proved he was Obama's), and she showed that her inexperience with Washington politics is actually a good thing.

She started off a little shaky, especially one question where it sounded like she was avoiding it, which is what the media accused her of, but after that she really exceeded my expectations and kicked some ass.
"The vice president's role is to support the president. There should be a line for the vice president and he should adhere to that line.

In contrast to what Palin was saying:

Give me even more POWER!"

Unfortunately, there is a little thing called the constitution, which happens to agree with Biden's interpretation of the role of VP.

"especially one question where it sounded like she was avoiding it"

One question?

"but after that she really exceeded my expectations and kicked some ass."

How so? She had her head down reading talking points during all of Biden's time, and when she ran out of the few things of substance she knew, relied more and more on the "Hockey Mam" accent, which got grating and annoying fast.
Unfortunately, there is a little thing called the constitution, which happens to agree with Biden's interpretation of the role of VP.

You obviously missed the point of that entirely. It has to do with the VP's assertiveness. If something is wrong with Obama's policies, Biden needs to have the balls to do whatever it takes to fight him on that. The law doesn't prohibit free speech.

relied more and more on the "Hockey Mam" accent, which got grating and annoying fast.

I didn't know we were voting on accents, and who's black or female. Silly me.
"I'll get back to ya on that"

Hahahaha.
Kunark wrote:

You obviously missed the point of that entirely. It has to do with the VP's assertiveness. If something is wrong with Obama's policies, Biden needs to have the balls to do whatever it takes to fight him on that. The law doesn't prohibit free speech.

She said she'd expand the role of VP past the already non-constitutional role that Cheney plays, don't even try to spin it as Biden not consulting Obama

relied more and more on the "Hockey Mam" accent, which got grating and annoying fast.

I didn't know we were voting on accents, and who's black or female. Silly me.

I never said anything about race/gender... WHOOPS! guess you just played the gender card while accusing me of playing the race card.
I think she got stomped.
I like how she basically said, "I'm not going to answer any questions I don't want to."

Her winking is nauseating.

But yeah, she was stomped; though, looks like she was trained like a good puppet (last minute anyways).
I personally believe that her ass actually got kicked by "O'Biden" as she likes to call him apparently...
Yeah, she lost...badly. I mean the "General McClellan" argument about how he said that the surge would not not work was just...wrong. That, combined with the overuse of the words "Maverick" and "Nucular" were enough alone to say she beat herself. But, there was much more than that. She had no idea what she was talking about at all. It was so bad, that I don't remember the closing arguments*.

* Everyone at my school knew what was going to happen before the debate. Palin had a set list of points and words that she memorized. So, in true ECU fashion, my floor(in my dorm) turned it into a drinking game. We chose the word "Maverick", so I think everyone understands why I don't remember the closing statements