ID:49441

Keywords: cancer, medical
Just got a call from my radiation oncologist. I had the followup PET scan on Monday (finally!) and the results are in.

The previously enlarged lymph node has shrunk from 2 cm down to about 4 mm. That also happens to be about the size of a healthy lymph node. Also, no abnormal metabolic activity on the PET scan.

In short, no evidence of any remaining cancer. I've been here once before, and I know that I'm not out of the woods yet. Recurrence can occur any time in the first 1-5 years, and sometimes as late as 10 years. But man, it feels good to get past that first test.

Now I know that all the funny little feelings, sensations, and minor pains I've had off and on the last couple of months were not due to new tumors. Going forward, that's very helpful to know. Anxiety has been one of the worst parts of this whole ordeal, and this news helps with that tremendously.

The folks are coming to town this afternoon, so I suppose we'll celebrate. Woohoo.
YES!!! That's so great to hear, Mike!
That is great news man, hope everything goes all right for you in the future.
Fantastic. Congratulations on the good outcome!
Congratulations!
Congratulations man. My aunt was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and it spread to her lymph nodes. There's also a chance my mother has it as well, it runs in our family. The thing is though, they were basically asking for with all they did in their life, but still.. Anyways, good luck and I hope it don't come back.
Pure awesomesauce. Good luck on clean scans for the next decade!
Good to hear.
Great to hear. :)
'bout time!

Congratulations sir! Beers are in order (for everyone old enough to drink in their respective countries, I know I am. =D).
Excellent!
Tiberath wrote:
Congratulations sir! Beers are in order.

Beer is a "It's Friday" drink. A proper celebration drink is Scotch or Rum.

Back to the important topic at hand, great to hear Mike. Where would BYOND be without ya?
Great news Mikeh! (That's pronounced similar to Mikey, FYI).
Danial.Beta wrote:
Tiberath wrote:
Congratulations sir! Beers are in order.

Beer is a "It's Friday" drink. A proper celebration drink is Scotch or Rum.

You're right! Where are my manors! Jameson for all!

Again: Congratulations on your recovery Mike! It'll be good to see you more active around here again. =)