ID:49670

So I was walking down my road today (well, yesterday now but still), and to my surprise, what do I see?

A car with what seemed to be a mast stuck to the top with some kind of complex camera taped to it - and a little, colourful "google" logo on the side.

I was shocked! So I ran after it hoping to follow it around, but it managed to get away.
Luckily it drove past me right on a turning, so when they upload all the data onto google maps I should be really easy to spot. :)

Kind of weird though - I live in one of the most obscure, boring sleepy commuter seaside towns in england (statistically the second safest town in the entire country - that's hardcore)- why're they street-viewing here?
What, you think it was really Google?

Pfft, the FBI finally tracked you down, and it's time to pay!
(statistically the second safest town in the entire country - that's hardcore)-

Try living in the frekin south east!
Its as boring as it gets living in the safest area of england... KENT!

As for google, it was probably the silly IRA trying to find the bbc... silly little irish men... tut tut
They have my town, which is technically a city, but not really. Also, they have the town my mom lives in, which is really small, takes less than two minutes to go end to end(the long way) in a car.

All together, I'm impressed with how much effort they are putting into the whole street view. It is really helpful to pen-point shops.

Also, on your little island, it probably will only take them a day or two to finish the whole thing.
why're they street-viewing here?

As long as they've got someone to drive and a road they'll throw the street view car there. Google is kinda OCD about Google Maps.
I can just picture a room full of men and women in Google lab coats freaking out because the driver forgot to go down the hard to spot dirt trail that hasn't been used since 1926.
hahaha noice monitor it and show us when its up!
(statistically the second safest town in the entire country - that's hardcore)

So I take it the neighbourhood watch alliance in your small village isn't as homicidal as others? No fun.