ID:506905

Keywords: 7, linux, os, to, ubuntu, windows
So I recently (Several Hours ago, in fact) just finished with my OS switch from Windows 7 to Ubuntu 11.10 (Or 12.04, I can't tell...), and to be perfectly honest, I really like it. I'm just using the Wubi installer for now until I get 100% comfortable with it, and make it my stand alone OS, but thus far, it's not letting me down. I was just curious if anyone else had anything to say about which OS you would prefer, Windows or Linux? I also hope to only guard answers from those who have seen both sides of the coin, but whatever you will, I don't mind.
I'm a Windows fanboy so I'm going to keep my mouth shut.
Regardless, I've heard good things about Linux so I hope it works out!
I prefer Ubuntu in general, but it doesn't play nicely with my laptop's wireless drivers. I tried Fedora once, but not for long enough to really have a say(the wireless drivers flat out didn't work).

Atm, I still use Windows 7, mostly because it's the only thing that actually works on my laptop well, and my desktop is dead.
I had the same problem, Robert. I looked online for a solution, and depending on your Wireless Card is what type of driver you'll need to install. I had to use an Ethernet cable to run the Terminal command to get my wireless firmware installed, but once that was finished and done, I just restarted it and it worked perfectly. I suggest looking up the solution for you, or I can, if you know the model number for the Wireless Card, I can link you to the driver you'll need. But I'm sure you're a big boy and can figure it out. :P
Ubuntu is fantastic!

Unlike posts above my wireless device does work using the Windows XP drivers and ndiswrapper, its a bit hacky sometimes too.

I also had trouble with my graphics cards as my Laptop has a Intel chip based for everyday use and an Nvidia for the hard work.

But I am a dual boot man, Windows for games Ubuntu for everyday use.

Ubuntu has come so far interface wise and not only does it look fantastic it is fully customizable! love it.
In response to Solomn Architect
Yea, I looked for solutions. It was an issue with my card in particular not having fully functional drivers for linux.

This was almost 2 years ago, so it may well have been fixed by now, I'll have to try it out some time.