ID:51399

:|, ill explain the freaking crisis thats happening right now in Canada. We have a few political parties that get seats instead of simply a two party system, this was totally sweet up until recently.

We have the following parties:
Conservative: Current party in power, Stephen Harper is our Prime Minister and he is awesome.

Liberal: Lost a whole lot of seats this election because the current leader "Stephen Dion" Is a complete french accent having douche.

New Democratic Party: This is the equivalent of Ralph Nader for Canada, except they have more of the votes >_>, this party wants to basically rape our economy for the sake of being "Green", completly unrealistic and horrible on so many levels.

block quebecois (Seperatists): Quebec sucks, no question about it. The problem is there is actually a political party that runs federally that you can only vote for in Quebec and the entire point of this party is a)complaining that Quebec doesnt get enough money, even though they get subsidized by the rest of the country. b)Trying to seperate from Canada and I wish they would. c)ruining the balance of power for all of Canada.

Thanks to the block Quebecois its pretty hard to get a majority government, and there is literally no way they can win an election because they only allow you to vote for that party in Quebec, but of course all of Quebec votes for them because they are retarded.

Now the Conservatives almost pulled off a majority, which is pretty awesome considering the liberals are like the republicans and usually switch power with the conservatives about as often as the Democrats and the Republicans switch off. Considering so much of canada votes for the NDP and Block it is pretty much those two parties that determine the balance of power. Today the two joke parties decided to ruin the government for the purpose of exasperating the economic crisis and maybe even cause a second federal election.. which we just had some 2-3 months ago.

This is called the Coalition government, the NDP, Liberals, and Block have decided to team up and make Stephen Dion prime minister, SWEET, even though he was failure that actually caused a huge loss of votes for the Liberal Party and oh yeah, NOBODY likes him. >:O

for all of you who prefer comics:
http://www.filibustercartoons.com/comics/20081130.gif
People were just pissed off to have a election so soon, I was anyway.
No offense Masterdan, but politically speaking: you're a cock.
Elation wrote:
No offense Masterdan, but politically speaking: you're a cock.

I am Vexonater and I fully endorse the previous statement.

Seriously, I would find it hilarious if a gigantic guerrilla separation war broke out in Quebec.
Masterdan, why do u keep posting political updates instead of ur game updates like d site promises?
NICE GAMES THOUGH!! XD
Vexonater wrote:
Seriously, I would find it hilarious if a gigantic guerrilla separation war broke out in Quebec.

Seconded.
A vote for Harper is a vote for the white devil. I voted for Dion. Dion all the way.
I agree with all the Liberals here. :) Since i myself am a liberal, Now our leader is Michael Ignatieff(The 37th Smartest person in the world) Which is extremely good, considering the states elected the absolute most un-intelligent Person in the world!(Yes i mean W). Also, in a couple of weeks when Harper comes back from vacation(Prorouging the Goverment) Harper will almost definately be kicked the hell out of office and there will be another freaking election. In which the Liberals will win :) YAY! Then, for years we will have PM Iggy! and with Ignatieff Canada will slowly come away from like... dying and losing our freaking economy. But with Iggy in office, i think he should make a Solar Power farm, like a huge one for alternative power. As for Quebec seperating... That would be very bad... With french we have a little bit more culture, and if Quebec became its own country or something similar to that, then there would be a huge gap right there, and that would make the Atlantic Provinces even MORE out of the loop then they already are. :)
I kinda like the way Harper is running this at the moment. There are some bumps along the road but it smooths out later. Our NDP looks like Dr Phil.
Lol Layton dose look alot like Dr. Phil... So much its actually creepy, lol. But i dont like how Harper is running Canada at the moment... he is Running it right to the ground.
Hes not running it into the ground, hes doing a pretty average job. The thing is the GLOBAL CREDIT AND ECONOMIC CRISIS is causing a little bit of a dent into our economic position, however Mr. Harper has kept us from feeling it very much at all in fact!

Harper is a bad politician. I have no idea how he was able to win the election last year. For one, he had no platform until the day after the polls in Afghanistan + Advance Polls closed, but people still voted for him. Our new Liberal Leader, Michael Ignatieff is quite a bit smarter then Harper, and is going to be the next PM, not probably going to be the next PM, not most-likely going to be the next PM, he IS going to be the next PM. The election is most-likely going to happen in 2010 though, because the Liberal party is out of money, they don't have enough to face an election, the Conservatives don't want one because they will easily be beat. The NDP want one because they like getting their ass kicked by the Conservatives and Liberals. the Bloc, and Green party aren`t factors. When he had government prorougued, it was just him buying time to get his assignment done really fast so he dosen't get detention... Ignatieff actually dose want an election, but he dosen`t want one at the same time because of the state the Liberal Party has been put into by Dion. During the election coverage, after all the "HOW THE HELL DID THAT GUY GET ELECTED... WTF?" and the "WHOOOO HE WON!!!*POW POW*" I was saying "Come on!!! Just let the Conservatives get a Majority so something can get done around here for once!"... It would be better for the country to have a Majority Government. I don't think Harper`s Conservatives can beat Ignatieff`s Liberals this time around.
----
The next election will be soon, and it will result in a win for the Liberals.(Prediction)
As long as Ignatieff the election is going to be between two competent individuals and i wont be too upset either way.
Well, I agree with you saying Ignatieff as a competent individual, but Harper on the other hand, not so much. But that's neither here nor there. I think that Harper is somewhat intelligent, but he dosen't have what it takes to lead the country, Ignatieff has much more worldly experience... But just for the record... Harper is a freak, considering he had a speech out in a HAIL STORM and HIS HAIR DIDNT MOVE AT ALL, what is the deal with that?!?!?!?! it freaked me out....
---
Halloween Night, 2008... I was walking down the street to see what people were wearing... Somebody was dressed in a red suit, with a tail, pitchfork and horns... Three people yell out "HEY LOOK, ITS STEPHEN HARPER!" now THAT, is Canadian Politics. :D
Stephen Harper hasnt done anything wrong, thats what bums me out. People say hes a bad guy but hes pretty much just the guy in charge, he hasnt entered any wars or done an insufficient job as a politician. Canada is way better off than the States in this crisis and yet politicians jab harper as being responsible for the slide in our economy... when its pretty obviously not his fault. He has been kind of vindictive against other parties but only in a way that pales in comparison to the rediculously uncalled for attacks from the other side.

I like to think Canada is more a party based on rational, and i think that it is pretty good, however in the first time in my life i see Harper get attacked like American politicians do, and it just doesnt seem Canadian to me.. If you ask me thats what really solidified his position, you cant do attack ads in Canada, we just dont like it.
The Conservatives are notorious for their attack ads now. They were the worst of them all, then there was the NDP, the Green Party was just a video of May on the train talking about random political stuff, and the Liberals barely got any ads on TV because they are in huge debt because of Dion. Harper is a dictator, and he is even more pro-Bush then, well, Bush himself. I dont want to get into a discussion about Bush, but Harper wants his own specific Canada, that is why he called the 2008 Election. He thought he could get a Majority so he could make a bunch of laws and then eventually Canada would start to phail horribly. Right now he is actually purposefully running a defeceit and he thinks that his plan is going to work, but theres a problem with that, its not. First of all, it will run into 2012, which of course, will be past another election, and from what i predict, another government. Head by Mr. Michael Ignatieff.

But there are somethings that the Liberals are doing that is quite "stupid". They had forced Dion out of leadership for a whole new convention, i was thinking about going, but i realized something, Michael Ignatieff was the soul candidate by January, he was named Interim leader and is going to be made into official leader in May at the convention. But there shouldent be a convention because they already chose a leader, so its just a waste of money.

I am Canadian myself, and something i really dont like is the stereotype that all Canadians are nice people, the kind of people that are "Fine as Kind"(Newfoundland Saying, even though im not from Newfoundland 0_0). But alot of Canadians arent people like that, even here we have prison overflows.

I agree, in the US, the politicians there use attack ads as a first resort, here we use it less and less. But the thing is, we still use attack-ads. From what you said, Harper did do something wrong, or, atleast something you dont like, Attack-Ads.
Since the Conservatives are in office, they have alot more money, and alot of that money is used on attack-ads during elections.
--
I have had unique political experiences, one of which is witnessing so many elections is such a little time. It is ridiculous, with Chretian we had a couple of elections, then after Martin we had one, then with Harper 2 more, by the time im 50 ill probably have seen atleast 40 more. Elections are causing a ridiculous amount of money, and we shouldnt have such expensive ones, and another thing i think we should touch on, is Senators, well appointed senators vs. elected senators.
-------
Senate.
There are two types of senate in Canada, 1. Appointented, appointed by the Governor General, but reccomended by the PM. 2. Elected, elected by the public, and gives them a hell of alot more power.

I will agree, Harper is doing some good, first of all, he wants an Elected Senate. Why is that better? Because, with appointed senate, the senators only have to go to Ottawa once a year, and they get free living, and a big, fat, paycheck. They barely have to do anything. But with an elected senate, they can run the country. Possibilities of an Elected Senate becoming more powerfull then the House of Commons, and even the PM him/herself.
ie(appointed Senate)
Stevie(PM): Well, i want to pass a bill that says that immigrants must have higher requirements to get into the country.
Joe(Senator): I dont think so...
Stevie(PM): Sit down Joe.
Joe(Senator): Okay.
ie(Elected Senate)
Stevie(PM): Well, i want to pass a bill that says that immigrants must have higher requirements to get into the country.
Joe(Senator): I dont think so...
Stevie(PM): Sit down Joe
Joe(Senator): Up yours.
----------
:)
Let the French leave. Seriously, I know a bunch of Manitobans, and they hate Quebec. You obviously dislike them, and I'm sure the majority of Can-uh-duh despises the mustache and accent having commies anyways. They don't want to be a part of Canada, you don't want them....it's time to part ways.
Okay, well theres a few things wrong with Quebec seperating.
1) Canada loses alot of the French culture that Quebec Brings us
2) There would be a huge hole in the middle of Canada where Quebec used to be.
3) The Prime Minister, no matter who it is, will never let it happen.

Quebec has seperatist votes at chosen intervals, the seperations vote never wins.
But brining me back to the 3rd point up there. Even if 100% of the people in Quebec vote to seperate, the PM will never allow it. He will say this, but probably in better words "Get your Guns, or pack your bags" meaning, either prepare to go to war, or get the hell out of Quebec. Quebec isnt ever going to seperate, there will be a civil war in Canada before that happens, and Quebec would have to win. Since we dont have individual provincial armies, they, basically lose.