ID:51989

Keywords: life, programming
I've been working on the Language Processing lib outlined below. Finite State Machine support is virtually done, although I'm yet to add anything Regex related. CFGs are created from text succesfully but at the moment the parser doesn't work quite right and only accepts grammars in Chomsky Normal Form (which means a symbol can only produce a terminal or a pair of non-terminals so you couldn't have anything like GREETING -> 'Hello' PLAYERNAME).
I won't be providing a release for a while since most of what's implemented is half finished and I want to produce decent documentation so that people can actually work this stuff without doing a degree-level course in language processing (I envy those people). Writing documentation for semantics will be especially fun since I'll have to teach you some lambda calculus. Good times.

Also I'll be without my PC for three weeks, although I'll still have internet access. So I won't even be working on this for three weeks.

Also I have a Maths exam tomorrow. Oh joy.
As a matter of personal curiosity, how are you with C++?
I've done some C++ and there was a short C section of one of my University courses but I've never really done a decent sized project, mainly due to me having much more experience with languages I find easier (such as Delphi). I'm hopefully getting a C++/game programming book for Christmas which should be fun once I actually get back to my PC.

I've also started reimplementing my Starsim screensaver (see Random Apps box) on top of a 'game' engine I put together (basically it just controls pre-frame, drawing and post-frame loops) and SDL and the stars whizz around and stuff, but I haven't added any of the cool stuff like trails or customizability.
Wow, they have computers at airports? I've got like an hour to kill before my flight, hopefully the random flash games they give you to play will keep me sane.