Profit this year: $0.00
Total Profit: $0.00
Downloads (d/m/a): 0/78/407

Infamous ZipCom created June 1st, 2008

Subscribers: 0
Profit this year: $0.00
Total Profit: $0.00
Downloads (d/m/a): 0/12/170

I am quite impressed with how many download Fortay received, though the game was not hosted as much by people other than me. So I would assume those downloads were from people looking at it and then closing it out, haha. I was also excited when my game was accepted as one of BYOND Strategy’s favorites.

I only can blame myself for Fortay losing its "popularity", seeing as I stopped updating and hosting. Though, I’m still going to release the map editor once I get to it.

Now with Infamous ZipCom, I would have thought the game would have been a little more popular. Perhaps the game play is too complicated or slow. Maybe I cannot see the big picture, the game sucks? But I am fairly pleased with the amount of downloads it received, especially when I released one update and basically threw the game away.

Hopefully I can release some more updates for the two and get a dedicated community for them. Perhaps having them open source will get them some notice, but that is taking it to the extreme in my opinion.

Anyways, have a happy holiday and a safe trip if you are going anywhere. Let's hope 2009 will bring as much happiness as 2008 did!
That actually makes me feel pretty good about my games. Solar Conquest has about twice the players on average than Fortay and 1800+ downloads, while only two months older. Perhaps there's an untapped demand for space games.

Tomb Explorer has only been around for about two months, but it has 250 downloads already. So while I'm still disappointed with the lack of feedback and new maps, I guess it could be worse. :P