ID:53087

Thanks to the efforts of the server guys it looks like our lufika.com server is working again. This means validation will work properly, allowing public servers to run without problems.

Current update is still progressing. I've recently made some new decisions regarding the interface; so expect some minor changes there.

I'm considering delegating some work out to others, perhaps hiring a graphic artist to rebuild the graphic style of the game but haven't had much luck with others in the past.
I feel DMO reflects on BYOND somewhat, which has inspired most of the changes to the game to bring it up to a higher standard.

So a few questions:
Do you feel redoing the games graphics is worthwhile?
(The game has been limited to the maps which are only made up of my poorly made icons, a good artist could help expand the game in this respect)

Are there any major interface features that you'd like to see?
(I don't play any BYOND games so I don't know what cool things are becoming a standard)

Are there any good chat/text/communication libraries floating around? I have made my own but I don't know how great the security is and all.

Any other new innovations/features that I haven't noticed?
Nice
Thx Kajika
thnx Kajika

And the biggest thing I want to see back is DI...if it would work properly that is :)
I sack you wrote:
thnx Kajika

And the biggest thing I want to see back is DI...if it would work properly that is :)

What was wrong with DI exactly? I remember it working fine.
Ranking back?
Well Your hud(with better graphic's) on the interface is somthing i would like to see, Better login screen is also somthing that is overdue :P. as for your pixel work, its pretty simple lol

Maybe doing somthing like a mini pager for duel requests rather then that window would be cool.
Arro wrote:
Ranking back?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, start a BYOND Guild, get a couple of people in as official referees and make your own DM league with it's own ranking system.
It's what you would do if you were playing large amounts of people in real-world games.

Unlike any automated system within the game a manual, community run, ranking system will accurately reflect skill (provided the ranking system is balanced correctly).

Honestly, even if we had a well designed, properly balanced, accurate and fully functional ranking system built into DMO I would probably still be suggesting you start your own league. They're a lot of fun.
DarkView wrote:
Arro wrote:
Ranking back?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, start a BYOND Guild, get a couple of people in as official referees and make your own DM league with it's own ranking system.
It's what you would do if you were playing large amounts of people in real-world games.

Unlike any automated system within the game a manual, community run, ranking system will accurately reflect skill (provided the ranking system is balanced correctly).

Honestly, even if we had a well designed, properly balanced, accurate and fully functional ranking system built into DMO I would probably still be suggesting you start your own league. They're a lot of fun.

Too Much time and effort has to be put into it, You and Opponent have to sign a ticket, loser has to say he lost.. People will just ignore it and not report loses.

The ranking system you had is much better suited for dmo than any myleague.com thing.

My suggestions for kaj to improve the game, Just bring back rankings.. That was the one fun thing that dmo had to offer that no other byond yugioh game had. Maybe you could add an option when people double-click a person's icon and it gives them their bonus %, you could add a win/lose record, what clan you're in option, and if you bring back rankings, you could input like the person's rank in their info.
ummm Kajika i love DMO the graphics are perfect since i have dial up...:)...but i think that there should be more faces....alot move Yu-Gi-Oh GX cards..and stuff like that cuz i don't know anything bout anything else. :) sooooo yea ty for making DMO i love it. :)
and also on the server that u used to host i couldn't join tourny cuz the tourny screen would fill up my screen and i couldn't see my screen...so if u could just leave the tourn pop-up thing like it was in the older servers...the ones that ppl r hosting now....so yea
i'm your biggest fan!! :).
also on the DMO hub page it doesn't have the download link to download DMO. but i left enough comments. also i would love to see shadow DM come back. and again plzz try to add more Yu-Gi-Oh GX cards...kk ty
couple major things i'd like to mention:

1.fix the spell activation in battle phase bug
2.Be able to withdraw from tourament when something goes wrong(for instance,tourny bugs)
3.there are too many people play the same staple decks(well almost the same),it really discourages to innovative decks and makes the game less fun.I wonder whether u guys come up an idea to refine this.
I believe I commented a long while ago about wanting to help you improve the graphics.

Not really available now though... but it would be nice.

Perhaps a nice grid way of showing cards in the Deck Editor or how ever you might find use for it?
Also it would be kind of nice to have a decent chunk of the graphics improved they are find right now but a new spin wouldn't hurt it I don't think.

Can't wait for the update!<3
Arro wrote:
couple major things i'd like to mention:

1.fix the spell activation in battle phase bug
2.Be able to withdraw from tourament when something goes wrong(for instance,tourny bugs)
3.there are too many people play the same staple decks(well almost the same),it really discourages to innovative decks and makes the game less fun.I wonder whether u guys come up an idea to refine this.

some of those might have been done in the test version... if it's the same as it used to be...
what about DMO: Deck Editing Utility?
The "test version" that was hosted had all those issues fixed.

Deck Editor has been rebuilt, it's much easier to use and more functional.

Deck Editing Utility is on-hold until current version is stable.

I'm not entirely sure what we're going to do with rankings. I thought I got it right last time but people still weren't happy and the same "it doesn't count" comments get tiring.

I've been a bit too stubborn as far as accepting outside help for my games, and I believe they've suffered for it.
When I get a bit closer to a stable version I'll seek out a freelance graphic artist and sink $100-200 into some new characters and maps.
I enjoyed the test version with the xpansion set of magicians force...i think the maps r finee just the card databas could b bigger..and of course fix all bugs,,then the gameis perfect...i dont playfor the mapstoohard i play for the unique cool dueling system..but if u could make version test 6.0 publici would enjoy that....alot off pll feel the sameway as I..thankyou Kajika for your time.
kajik answer me....will u put some more Yu-Gi-Oh GX cards in it...and also arro is right about the staple decks cuz every1 uses them and it makes the game alot less fun...also i wouldn't mind for some new charaters and maps but plzz don't upgrade the grapics cuz i like them just the way they are....and also let the tourny pop-up screen thing be the same as it is in the versions that ppl r hosting now...and also we need some more DMs and i think if shadow DM came back up it would be awesome...so answer me plzz. :)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6