ID:53125

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/431/01/

Ahh, about time Naruto actually got to fight. I was so sick of this Uchiha Sasuke nonsense.
Epic...? Wait, what?
It was kind of lame if you ask me. Another generic shounen power up chapter. They happen all the time... But... FROG FORM...?
Seriously, hahaha. Do you realize how lame a kid Ninja turning into a half-frog actually sounds?

Also, it might not be wise to link to a place to read the Naruto manga online. It is illegal, and I am guessing that would make it against the rules of BYOND.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you want to see a truely EPIC power up, then read Negima, the chapter where Negi first uses Magia Erebia. He goes from a 10 year old kid, to PURE GAR.
http://www.byond.com/members/TheMagicMan/files/negd1.jpg
http://www.byond.com/members/TheMagicMan/files/negd2.jpg
The Magic Man wrote:
Epic...? Wait, what?
It was kind of lame if you ask me. Another generic shounen power up chapter. They happen all the time... But... FROG FORM...?
Seriously, hahaha. Do you realize how lame a kid Ninja turning into a half-frog actually sounds?

Also, it might not be wise to link to a place to read the Naruto manga online. It is illegal, and I am guessing that would make it against the rules of BYOND.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you want to see a truely EPIC power up, then read Negima, the chapter where Negi first uses Magia Erebia. He goes from a 10 year old kid, to PURE GAR.
http://www.byond.com/members/TheMagicMan/files/negd1.jpg
http://www.byond.com/members/TheMagicMan/files/negd2.jpg

no offense but that looks like something I would see on a WB 5+ cartoon and then promptly change the channel.

real men read gantz.
While I'm not a huge fan of the Naruto series, I like the fact that it's concentrating less on Uchiwa Saucekay and more on...well...Naruto.
Naruto is a fucking Monster. The End
Its good to know, now I just waiting for next chapter "Melee"
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:

On the next episode of Naruto...

<_< Trying to do the DBZ announcer voice >_>
IcewarriorX wrote:
no offense but that looks like something I would see on a WB 5+ cartoon and then promptly change the channel.

real men read gantz.

Gantz... Hahaha. "On todays episode: The ONION ALIEN!! Now with 50% more over-exaggerated violence! Oh yeah, with really, really gay skin tight suits too!!".

Real men read stuff like Berserk, Bartender or maybe a bit of Domina no Do. Not Gantz.

Also, no offence guys. But Naruto is absolutely terrible. It is HORRIBLY inconsistant, to the point where it is totally ruined.

Example is the current chapter. Pein comes along and single handedly (well, there is 6 of them) destroys Konoha, and defeats pretty much every Ninja in there, EFFORTLESSLY. Even the best, most skilled and experienced didn't stand much of a chance.
These are the same group of badguys that killed Jiraya, a master (actually legendary) ninja of almost unrivaled skill and power.
Naruto comes along, a ninja kid who has barely even started puberty. No matter how you look at it, there is no possibly way for him to have as much training or experience as the more skilled ninja. Jiraya probably had more skill and experience in the tip of his little finger than Naruto had gained in his entire life.
So what happens? PLOT ARMOR!!!! happens. Naruto comes along and some how effortlessly begins eliminating these badguys... HOW?
naruto had off screen training among the toads. Naruto has been shown to be incredibly motivated the entire series and through his training he has been shown to excel past jiraya at controlling nature chakra. Some stuff has not been explained yet, however having to surpress the kyuubi all these years has caused Naruto to have incredibly high chakra reserves. He has always been a high capacity individual who never runs out of stamina in a fight, this came in handy for sage training.

Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru have been explained to be weaker than the new generation because of 3 critical flaws with these characters. Perversion, Gambling and Jelousy. These flaws are the reasons that the Sanin never became as strong as the generations after them, aka Itachi,the Fourth, and now Naruto and Sasuke. Jiraiya hasnt been shown to be keen on training all the time, assumptions that he has worked harder at being a ninja than naruto are simply that, assumptions. Jiriayas passions have more or less been in writing and womanizing, wheras Naruto has been in conflict due to containing a tailed beast for his entire life, regenerates really quickly due to the Kyuubi (which allows him to train harder and recover faster), and he has been endlessly motivated since Sasuke left the village to become stronger.

You didnt think those 3 years of training were for nothing did you? Now with the help of the "key" scroll left for Naruto from the Fourth and the training that happened off panel so far, Naruto has become stronger than Jiraiya. It is a manga after all, I dont see you complaining when Gohan surpassed Goku during the cell saga.
The Magic Man wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

real men read gantz.

Gantz... Hahaha. "On todays episode: The ONION ALIEN!! Now with 50% more over-exaggerated violence! Oh yeah, with really, really gay skin tight suits too!!".

Real men read stuff like Berserk, Bartender or maybe a bit of Domina no Do. Not Gantz.

Also, no offence guys. But Naruto is absolutely terrible. It is HORRIBLY inconsistant, to the point where it is totally ruined.

Example is the current chapter. Pein comes along and single handedly (well, there is 6 of them) destroys Konoha, and defeats pretty much every Ninja in there, EFFORTLESSLY. Even the best, most skilled and experienced didn't stand much of a chance.
These are the same group of badguys that killed Jiraya, a master (actually legendary) ninja of almost unrivaled skill and power.
Naruto comes along, a ninja kid who has barely even started puberty. No matter how you look at it, there is no possibly way for him to have as much training or experience as the more skilled ninja. Jiraya probably had more skill and experience in the tip of his little finger than Naruto had gained in his entire life.
So what happens? PLOT ARMOR!!!! happens. Naruto comes along and some how effortlessly begins eliminating these badguys... HOW?

Well, have fun being a hater.
I couldve sworn i posted a long as explanation on how narutos growth was not inconsistant.

1. Naruto isnt fighting alone, hes got the frogs helping him aswell. Ma and Pa Frog, stunned the pains summons for naruto.

2. He has intel that jiraiya and kakashi didnt have. Had jiraiya had that information, hedve won. Pain stated this himself.

3. Naruto has more training experience than jiraiya, thats for sure. Your forgetting his clone training which gives him 50 yrs of experience in a week or so.

4. The so called top ninja that were defeated by pain didnt even fight. Hinata, Shino, and Kiba didnt get to fight, while Gai, Lee, Neji, and Tenten are heading back to konoha. Chouji and his father rely on strength, and were up against someone whos ability made thiers completely useless. Tsunade put forth the most effort by far aswell, having saved EVERYONE (atleast most of the villagers) through souzu saisei. Sakura was busy healing, etc etc.

Kakashi doesnt have alot of chakra at all. the raikiri bunshins, wall summonings, raikiris, and ultimately mangekyous took its toll on him, knowing nothing about the two pains hurt him aswell.

6. Naruto mastered sage mode and the rasengan, where jiraiya could not. Fighting experience jiraiya has, but potential and stamina, he doesnt have shit on naruto.

7.The whole will of fire is based on the previous generation surpassing the first. Look at Konohamaru, pulling out rasengan for an example of that.

8.Naruto has always been a close range fighter, so him being this stronger makes perfect sense now with a mastered sage mode and new fighting style.

In otherwords, fighting pain is all about intel. Right whats happening is the exact same thing that happened when pain fought jiraiya. Pain has no idea what naruto can and is doing, while naruto knows what the pain bodies do. Next up is the long range rasen shuriken.
Masterdan wrote:
naruto had off screen training among the toads. Naruto has been shown to be incredibly motivated the entire series and through his training he has been shown to excel past jiraya at controlling nature chakra. Some stuff has not been explained yet, however having to surpress the kyuubi all these years has caused Naruto to have incredibly high chakra reserves. He has always been a high capacity individual who never runs out of stamina in a fight, this came in handy for sage training.

Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru have been explained to be weaker than the new generation because of 3 critical flaws with these characters. Perversion, Gambling and Jelousy. These flaws are the reasons that the Sanin never became as strong as the generations after them, aka Itachi,the Fourth, and now Naruto and Sasuke. Jiraiya hasnt been shown to be keen on training all the time, assumptions that he has worked harder at being a ninja than naruto are simply that, assumptions. Jiriayas passions have more or less been in writing and womanizing, wheras Naruto has been in conflict due to containing a tailed beast for his entire life, regenerates really quickly due to the Kyuubi (which allows him to train harder and recover faster), and he has been endlessly motivated since Sasuke left the village to become stronger.

You didnt think those 3 years of training were for nothing did you? Now with the help of the "key" scroll left for Naruto from the Fourth and the training that happened off panel so far, Naruto has become stronger than Jiraiya.

It is a manga after all, I dont see you complaining when Gohan surpassed Goku during the cell saga.

The issue has never come up, so naturally I would not complain about it. But to be honest, Dragonball Z is the most horribly inconsistant anime series I ever saw.
Example: Raditz, with an estimated power level of 500, he could stop a bullet effortlessly, he had reactions more than fast enough to stop it, and it did absolutely no damage to him either.
Gohan as a teenager, estimated to be at least millions of times stronger than Raditz. While under the guise of the Great Sayaman, he got shot by a generic human with no powers at all. Gohan was inable to react to this shot AND actually got damaged by the shot. Makes sense!

Another example is Vegita. When first introduced, he destroyed an entire planet in an instance, he did it effortlessly.
Later on, while fighting Cell, he was again millions of times more powerful.
He released all of his energy in a powerful attack, it took him over 5 minutes to charge up... It wasn't even powerful enough to destroy a planet.

Naruto is not this inconsistant yet, but it is getting to the point where it is beginning to rival DBZ for inconsistancies.
It is called Naruto for a reason. Because the character Naruto is the main character, which means he automatically has the power of plot hax/plot armor (he always wins regardless of the situation, if he does not win he will not die, and sometime in the future will magically power up and win).

Want an example of plot hax/armor?
Naruto is currently fighting Pein. Pein possesses Rinnegan, which allows him to use ANY ninja technique, it was described as being powerful enough to turn everything into nothing, and this has been clearly stated.
$10 says Naruto wins with his frog powers, which he has only had a few days (was it even that long?) of training with. If he does not win, then he wont die or even come prticularly close to dying in any way, shape or form (which also means he wont lose the Nine-Tailed fox, since that also means dying).
Makes sense that Naruto would win against someone whose power was compared to that of a gods.(Not really, but that is exactly what plot hax/armor is)
The Magic Man wrote:
Masterdan wrote:

You didnt think those 3 years of training were for nothing did you? Now with the help of the "key" scroll left for Naruto from the Fourth and the training that happened off panel so far, Naruto has become stronger than Jiraiya.

It is a manga after all, I dont see you complaining when Gohan surpassed Goku during the cell saga.

The issue has never come up, so naturally I would not complain about it. But to be honest, Dragonball Z is the most horribly inconsistant anime series I ever saw.
Example: Raditz, with an estimated power level of 500, he could stop a bullet effortlessly, he had reactions more than fast enough to stop it, and it did absolutely no damage to him either.
Gohan as a teenager, estimated to be at least millions of times stronger than Raditz. While under the guise of the Great Sayaman, he got shot by a generic human with no powers at all. Gohan was inable to react to this shot AND actually got damaged by the shot. Makes sense!

Another example is Vegita. When first introduced, he destroyed an entire planet in an instance, he did it effortlessly.
Later on, while fighting Cell, he was again millions of times more powerful.
He released all of his energy in a powerful attack, it took him over 5 minutes to charge up... It wasn't even powerful enough to destroy a planet.

Naruto is not this inconsistant yet, but it is getting to the point where it is beginning to rival DBZ for inconsistancies.
It is called Naruto for a reason. Because the character Naruto is the main character, which means he automatically has the power of plot hax/plot armor (he always wins regardless of the situation, if he does not win he will not die, and sometime in the future will magically power up and win).

Want an example of plot hax/armor?
Naruto is currently fighting Pein. Pein possesses Rinnegan, which allows him to use ANY ninja technique, it was described as being powerful enough to turn everything into nothing, and this has been clearly stated.
$10 says Naruto wins with his frog powers, which he has only had a few days (was it even that long?) of training with. If he does not win, then he wont die or even come prticularly close to dying in any way, shape or form (which also means he wont lose the Nine-Tailed fox, since that also means dying).
Makes sense that Naruto would win against someone whose power was compared to that of a gods.(Not really, but that is exactly what plot hax/armor is)

Bullets on dbz characters are always comic relief. Launch and even bulma shot up goku roshi and krillin many times. Gohan was not injured from a bullet. He himself has also caught bullets.

Vegeta definitely couldve blown up MANY planets with final flash, but he focused the blast to go off the planet (explained in the manga) rather than hitting it directly.
Then there's Foomer, who is millions of times more powerful than Vegita and Gohan combined and multiplied by a million to the power of Pein times 5 and who eats planets for breakfast. Whee!
Raditz's powerlevel was at least 1200, but they have said officially that it was 1500 outside of the show i believe.
GhostAnime wrote:
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:

On the next episode of Naruto...

<_< Trying to do the DBZ announcer voice >_>

How silly.

Pmitch wrote:
Bullets on dbz characters are always comic relief. Launch and even bulma shot up goku roshi and krillin many times. Gohan was not injured from a bullet. He himself has also caught bullets.

There is usually two sides to anime and manga like DBZ. One side is comedic and not suppose to be taken seriously. In these scenes, when characters get hit, they just end up with an over-exagerrated bump on their head for example.
The other side is a more serious side, usually during fight scenes. Both of the scenes I mentioned were serious scenes.

Vegeta definitely couldve blown up MANY planets with final flash, but he focused the blast to go off the planet (explained in the manga) rather than hitting it directly.

Which is why I purposely left out another of Vegitas super power attacks.
When he was fighting Majin Buu and EVEN STRONGER than when fighting Cell, he commited suicide by collecting all of his energy, and making it explode. Despite this, it left a really tiny crater.
If Final Flash from a weaker Vegita had the potential to destroy several planets... Why did his suicide attack, while he was much more powerful totally fail to do any significant damage?

Like I said, Dragonball Z is horribly inconsistant. There is a ton more inconsistancies than this, too many to list infact.
You never thought of the possibility that he wasn't aiming to use it at full power, but rather only complete his objective a.k.a destroying the enemy. Also they can control the range/power of their attack. Most Anime's aren't direct.. they leave for us to figure it out, not really hard to do is it now?
Aj017 wrote:
You never thought of the possibility that he wasn't aiming to use it at full power, but rather only complete his objective a.k.a destroying the enemy. Also they can control the range/power of their attack. Most Anime's aren't direct.. they leave for us to figure it out, not really hard to do is it now?

1. It was made clear he was using all of his power, because Majin Buu simply regenerated from every attack he used.
If he was only using enough energy to kill Majin Buu, why didn't he use Final Flash again? Why did he commit suicide in the process? Doesn't make sense too me.
2. He had no control over the attack at all. This is made clear by two facts. Firstly he told Piccolo to run as far away as possible. Secondly, though the attack was relatively small for it's power, it was still several miles wide, if he could control it, why was the attack so large, when Majin Buu was only 10-20 feet away from him?

Like I said, DBZ is highly inconsistant. So is most anime to tell the truth. This is why as you said, they are not direct in telling you stuff.
The Magic Man wrote:
Aj017 wrote:

1. It was made clear he was using all of his power, because Majin Buu simply regenerated from every attack he used.
If he was only using enough energy to kill Majin Buu, why didn't he use Final Flash again? Why did he commit suicide in the process? Doesn't make sense too me.
2. He had no control over the attack at all. This is made clear by two facts. Firstly he told Piccolo to run as far away as possible. Secondly, though the attack was relatively small for it's power, it was still several miles wide, if he could control it, why was the attack so large, when Majin Buu was only 10-20 feet away from him?

Like I said, DBZ is highly inconsistant. So is most anime to tell the truth. This is why as you said, they are not direct in telling you stuff.

Using final flash didnt guarantee a direct hit, putting all his energy into that wouldve been more of a hit or miss, and still wouldve killed him. His self destructing was all he had and it was a sure fire hit. The range of the attack was so buu couldnt get away.

Anyhow this topic is about naruto.
Page: 1 2