Pokemon Battle Force

by NuclearBlast
Pokemon Battle Force
Version 4.1! Many new additions on the way! Original Byond Pokemon game!
ID:53219

This game is more aptly named "Pokemon: Gang Bangers". Everything is rather uninspired and boring; I will admit, though, it is slightly better than last time I reviewed it. Only slightly. Very slightly.

Gameplay: Uninspired and boring. The game mostly consists of clicking a verb to send you pokemon out, running through some grass until a pokemon pops out. Then, you click it and your pokemon attacks it until one is gone. However, this is horribly boring, as you can imagine. There are also some flaws, as well. You can send out as many pokemon as you want, and you can end up fighting as many pokemon as you wish, all at once, hence my opening sentence.
This game uses verbs for everything, and is barely user friendly and intuitive. Catching a pokemon is merely right clicking a pokeball and hitting the "catch" verb. Hell, I even got a runtime error while catching a Pokemon.
Another major flaw: bugs. The first thing I did when I logged in was to check whether I could still lose my mudkipz like I did in my last review. I could. How could such a simple but gamekilling flaw be overlooked?
Not to mention that from my 20 minutes on the game, it appears to be mostly grinding. I really don't want to run around in grass clicking wild pokemon all day.
A few other miscellaneous flaws:
  • Pokemon are out of place. Would you expect to see some dunsparce in the grass of a forest?
  • When I attacked a pokemon, my pokemon fainted for seemingly no reason
  • All attacks are the same. This is a game of numbers, nothing more

My judgement: 4.

Presentation: The game is rather ugly. They still use those overinflated icons, and they use the default interface in all its outdated glory. They also use your basic alerts and inputs for things, which is just downright hideous. The only redeeming quality is the fact that some icons are ripped directly from the Pokemon games. 1.

Originality: First of all, it's a fan game. Second of all, it plays like most other Pokemon games on BYOND; plus, they used a source ripped from a source to begin with. 0.

Overall: This game has barely improved since I last played it. However, I didn't get too far before, and that's what I gave it even lower scores than last time. This game is uninspired, boring, and riddled with bugs. Go play a good game, like Pokemon Citrine Online, instead. It's pretty much the equivalent of choosing between grinding on a lame ORPG or grinding an extremely hot varsity cheerleader.

EDIT: For future reference, I reviewed this game again at the owner's request.
Its a bayshue rip
Yash 69 wrote:
Its a bayshue rip

Now let's watch the flame wars begin! The lack of nays and angry comments means that no one on the game realized I made this review yet.
Good Review
I give your review a 10/10 in awesome.
I gotcho back my nigga jeff
Mechana2412 wrote:
I give your review a 10/10 in awesome.

Inorite?
I LI LOVE THIS GAME! OVE THIS GAME! I LOVE THII LOVE I LOVE THIS GAME! THIS GAME! S GAME! II LOVE THIS GAME! LOVE THIS GAME! I LOVE THIS GAME! I LOVE THIS GAME! I LOVE THIS GAME! BEST GAME IVE PLAYED IN FOREVER! 10/10 GAME! ITS FATASTIC!
Get dis pussy ass nigga outcho blog daw, fo i pop dat nigga ass
Your a noob nuff said.......
Yash 69 wrote:
Get dis pussy ass nigga outcho blog daw, fo i pop dat nigga ass

lulz
Joey Bag O Donuts wrote:
I LI LOVE THIS GAME! OVE THIS GAME! I LOVE THII LOVE I LOVE THIS GAME! THIS GAME! S GAME! II LOVE THIS GAME! LOVE THIS GAME! I LOVE THIS GAME! I LOVE THIS GAME! I LOVE THIS GAME! BEST GAME IVE PLAYED IN FOREVER! 10/10 GAME! ITS FATASTIC!
What the heck kinda key is Joey Bag O Donuts?
I'M FINNA POP DAT NIGGA JEFF
I really hate games like this game, good review.
Mechana2412 wrote:
Joey Bag O Donuts wrote:
What the heck kinda key is Joey Bag O Donuts?

Mike Birbiglia reference. (most likely) but there was some guy back in the 90s who made it famous too.
Joey Bag O Donuts wrote:

HA YOUR NAME IS SO NOOBISH :P
-.- Gratz Jeff, this is a new low even for you ^^ (Trying to outdo your role-model Aaron?)

Jeff8500 Wrote:

Just wanted to point out, one of the MANY bits of bullshit you try to pass off in your review ^^

I did not request to have your biased review redone, the only reason you did this was because your previous review was abolished. -.-
NuclearBlast wrote:
-.- Gratz Jeff, this is a new low even for you ^^ (Trying to outdo your role-model Aaron?)

Jeff8500 Wrote:

Just wanted to point out, one of the MANY bits of bullshit you try to pass off in your review ^^

I did not request to have your biased review redone, the only reason you did this was because your previous review was abolished. -.-

he dispises aaron you rip artist =,=

How is it a new low...Because he gave your game the review it deserves?Honestly your antics pathetic.
Make an original game ya faggot!
Riku 123q wrote:
he dispises aaron you rip artist =,=

How is it a new low...Because he gave your game the review it deserves?Honestly your antics pathetic.
Make an original game ya faggot!

Calm down -.-
I didn't come to start any damn arguments....
It was meant as a sarcastic joke.....

Also, Its not a damn rip you ass, It was coded, mapped, and iconed from scratch... just because it looks like every other Pokemon game out there, doesn't mean its a rip -.-

Until you have some solid evidence, you should learn your facts and STFU.
I liek ripz cuz its liek fast lvling mmrite guys!?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7