ID:53269

Two pretty significant changes have been made to the guild to try and make the game submission and review submission process a little more efficient and quite frankly make it possible to actually enforce quality standards.

Ill explain, basically when the guild shrunk from having 1000 games to less than 200 we found ourselves with a major problem. Anybody could submit a game to the guild and guess what, every single game that was booted from the guild for good reason instantly was resubmitted. Every time in fact a game was rejected for not addressing the things that had them removed they would simply resubmit the game over and over. I found that the system of any person being able to submit a game to the guild quite frankly a bad idea. So here's how the new system is going to work, and I'll make sure it does.

There is a new area of the Anime guild forum, its meant for 2 reasons.
1) Creating Submission/Resubmission requests that both game judges and myself can view.
2) Creating Game Removal requests. Hey we do after all have much higher standards, so if you find a game to be in violation of a rule then hell, give us a detailed explanation as to why! (you'll have to break the template a bit for this one.)

Game submission will automatically have a text template when you go to create a thread. First this is meant for the game owner to make, not some fan of the game who doesn't really know what they are talking about. However filling out the form is pretty easy, however excessive spelling errors or a failure to mention stolen content or a mention of stolen content that obviously goes against our guidelines will make it super easy for us to reject the game submission. Another plus to this system is that a rejected game submission stays on record, so we don't have to evaluate it again unless you explicitly explain how you addressed our complaints. In excess of this, it allows the game judges to explain why a game doesn't fit the requirements of the guild in a detailed response (and make it respectful!), and I'll weigh in to give a final verdict.

Also I have decided that ever since I gave everybody the ability to give reviews, it has done nothing but caused trouble and heartache for me. Guys reviews arent supposed to be one sentence long for gods sake. Due to this, I have restricted review submission to the ranks above average player. So those who I have given "Reviewer", "Game Judge" or even one of the established "Veteran Player" or "Game Designer" ranks are the only ones who can even submit reviews.

It basically turned out that an anonymous no effort submission process for games doesn't work with this guild and the average member of the guild doesn't put enough time into reading the guidelines that have been posted about what a review constitutes, namely: Screenshots and an unbiased review of the merits and flaws of a game without major spelling or grammar problems.

So this is my idea. I think this will be way easier for everybody involved and will give a higher level of transparency to the guild. Basically as it is now the major function of admitting and rejecting games is now completely transparent, and I think we all can appreciate that.

I like this idea, but I think you forgot to make it so regular members can't reply to posts. I'm a player rank and still can respond to the GOA post.
Oh, well actually It is an impossibility to do that currently with the BYOND system. However I have already made a feature request to make this possible.
You should make a rank called "Writer". Some people, like myself prefer to write things about different anime's in general, not write reviews. If I remember correctly, SuperSaiyanGokuX used to do something similar to this every week, he would write a new blog post about an anime. That's something I would be interested in doing once every week if that's okay with you.
You could do that in the section on the forum as SSGX did, and other people have.
Aries wrote:
You should make a rank called "Writer". Some people, like myself prefer to write things about different anime's in general, not write reviews. If I remember correctly, SuperSaiyanGokuX used to do something similar to this every week, he would write a new blog post about an anime. That's something I would be interested in doing once every week if that's okay with you.

I would like to see us feature more Anime. As it currently stands, we're more like BYOND Shonen in terms of Anime discussion.
Well, hopefully this will go well.. The built-in submission process is darn-annoying (especially with it being anonymous I get the feeling it can be the same thickheaded person submitting again, and again...), so lets hope for the best.
Sabaku no Kira wrote:
Well, hopefully this will go well.. The built-in submission process is darn-annoying (especially with it being anonymous I get the feeling it can be the same thickheaded person submitting again, and again...), so lets hope for the best.

I think you do not realise that it's possible to check who submit the review. Just go to your account settings and click the admin button. It's all in your history!

"NASHIE Submitted 'Naruto RPG' for approval. 01/17/09"
neato.
Kisioj wrote:
Sabaku no Kira wrote:

I think you do not realise that it's possible to check who submit the review. Just go to your account settings and click the admin button. It's all in your history!

...Well, dang- Thank you. I feel pretty dumb.
Great job on the new system, It's actually much better. best part " If you get denied the game stays on the record" great job. Byond anime is starting to look up.

Give me the rank of Reviewer(Lol) You've seen my reviews.
Sabaku no Kira wrote:
Kisioj wrote:
Sabaku no Kira wrote:

...Well, dang- Thank you. I feel pretty dumb.

True, in the anime guild that was pretty much impossible to do though. What with the shear size of it all!
Thanks for the Reviewer rank Dan its appreciated, anyway back on topic.

Lol did he just say writer? Wouldn't that be some what similar to reviews. But I like the idea it could be like the weekly digest but Byond Anime style.
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:
Thanks for the Reviewer rank Dan its appreciated, anyway back on topic.

Lol did he just say writer? Wouldn't that be some what similar to reviews. But I like the idea it could be like the weekly digest but Byond Anime style.

No, that wouldn't be "some what similar to reviews". I also would prefer it if you refrain from saying "he" when you're referring to someone (in this case, me), it's obnoxious.
I would very much enjoy seeing you give a regular (weekly, 2 weekly) intro to some new Anime, as well as a review of some classics, Aries. It would pay us to be an Anime guild as opposed to a Shonen guild. The decision is ultimately Masterdan's though.
Stephen001 wrote:
I would very much enjoy seeing you give a regular (weekly, 2 weekly) intro to some new Anime, as well as a review of some classics, Aries. It would pay us to be an Anime guild as opposed to a Shonen guild. The decision is ultimately Masterdan's though.

Yes! That is presisely what I am proposing, whether it's every week or every 2 weeks, I'm always checking out a new anime series almost every day when I get the free time. The majority of them are really cool and should definitely get some more attention.
I can write a few articles up on stuff. Akumetsuuuuuuuu~!
now that the review system is changed, I can basically just give Maggeh and Aries "reviewer" rights which means they can also submit blog posts (for review by me) to be published.

As a somewhat minor weakness, I dont really care for many anime to watch. Im more interested in the Anime games. So if there is interest in just gabbing about anime that you like and spreading interest then im all for it. Ill make sure maggeh and aries have a rank that supports being able to do this.
Coolio.