ID:53326

Poll: Who is a better superhero Superman or Batman?

Superman 44% (70)
Batman 55% (87)

Login to vote.

How on earth is Batman better he doesnt even have powers
1) He's rich.
2) He gets allot of ladies.
3) He doesn't become a pussy with just a rock.
Yepin Big Time wrote:
How on earth is Batman better he doesnt even have powers

That's actually why he's better. He's not magically super, he's just a badass normal guy. Also what Tag said.
Batman is a complete badass that people can look up to. There's not much sense in looking up to a steroid pumping alien, is there?
Batman. Genius rich boi. Enemy: A psycho kung-fu clown. Weakness: None.

The choice is obvious.
If the Question is:

Who is a better superhero Superman or Batman?

As in, who could accomplish the job -better-, or do a better job. Then the Answer is Obviously Superman.

Now if the question was asking about who was the better character for "badass" sake and good story telling.

Hell Yea, batman.

Fluff being Anal... *votes for batman*
Money is power...Superman has none.
Superman is easily the most powerful superhero, but that's why he sucks. Batman is a genetically normal human being who goes out of his way to fight crime with just his wits and what his research lab can produce. He's a much more believable and even relatable superhero, and one who is that much more awesome because of the dangers he faces. Also, Catwoman > Lois Lame. Superman may be the better "super," but Batman is easily the bigger "hero."

Finally, the Batman movies > the Superman movies, no question about it.
Also, batman could beat superman in a fight due to his richness and ability to afford mass quantities of cryptonite.
Normally, I'd say Batman, but...

SPOILER->

I think he's dead for at least a little while. I guess it happened in Final Crisis instead of RIP, but I only paid attention to the Stack ComicBookClub review. Some theorize that Bruce Wayne could be come a god and then the Batman role would be passed on as a legacy (like with other DC characters).

<-SPOILER
I'm with Tayoko. In terms of what he can accomplish Superman is just superior. Also Superman is a more cleancut superhero which I guess makes him better. Batman is a bit more flexible on the whole hero thing.

SPOILER->

ACWraith wrote:
Some theorize that Bruce Wayne could be come a god and then the Batman role would be passed on as a legacy (like with other DC characters).

I wont say it'll never happen, but it wont stick. He will Hal Jordan his way back.

<-SPOILER
SPOILER discussion->

That does seem like the usual DC process. However, Marvel did such a good job replacing Steve Rogers as Captain America that many fans don't even want him back anymore. DC could be hoping to pull off something similar. It doesn't sound like them, but whatever. ;)

<-SPOILER discussion
IcewarriorX wrote:
Also, batman could beat superman in a fight due to his richness and ability to afford mass quantities of cryptonite.

Owned
Only cause he gets cryptonite without that he cant win at all
Yepin Big Time wrote:

But he can, so he would.
Superman gets powers as the plot needs them, it seems. He's ridiculous. At no point is there even the possibility of suspense, because he's too powerful. Hell, apparently he's as good as some superheroes with their whole power thing (like being as fast as The Flash).

Batman is infinitely better, though I still hate superheroes.
Yepin Big Time wrote:

He pretty much always wins, or at the least gets the upperhand for a good portion of the fight (see: Superman Red Son for my favorite Batman vs Superman fight).

SPOILER discussion->

ACWraith wrote:
However, Marvel did such a good job replacing Steve Rogers as Captain America that many fans don't even want him back anymore.

Somehow I don't see that happening with Brucey. =P

<-SPOILER discussion