ID:53353

"We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
-Sony Computer Entertainment boss Kaz Hirai.

I think this sums up what went wrong with the PS3. "We can't beat the Wii outright, but if we ran the PS3 into the ground we would be able to make more progress than the Wii simply by not having loan sharks blow our toes off at the end of the generation".
Maybe they'd make a fun, exclusive game for the rest of those fucking years. The only exclusive titles for the PS3 I want to play are LittleBigPlanet and MGS4, and neither would qualify as a system seller.
MGS4 wasn't so much a console seller for me as a $1,100AUD game that came with a PS3.
It isn't my favorite MGS game but it's really nice.

I was going to buy LittleBigPlanet but 'limitless content' doesn't really matter to me right now. I'd almost rather less content. I'm still working my way through XBOX 360 games from December.
God of War 3 was the reason we got a PS3. That and GTA4.
DarkView wrote:
MGS4 wasn't so much a console seller for me as a $1,100AUD game that came with a PS3.
It isn't my favorite MGS game but it's really nice.

I think you spelt MOVIE wrong. A really boring, reallly long movie at that.

Anyway, all I can say is Kaz Hirai is a total retard who doesn't know what he is talking about.

"We're winning the console war" despite having the lowest sales and lowest number of games!

"We aint competing with Nintendo" who knows why :D??

"The Xbox has no longevity" despite the fact that it has a bigger and more varied library of games!

"We don't provide an easy to program for console", which is probably why we aint got any games!

"We'll still be around in 10 years, Microsoft wont" despite the fact that in 2-3 years we've got no games, and probably wont have many more in the next 7 years!!

Consoles don't need games suckas!! We are SONY, we are born genetically SUPERIOR!!! We are winners, even if we aren't winning!!

SONYFIST!
You really need to read Dubious Quality. The author of that blog has been keeping up with the console wars and other interesting topics for a long time now, and he absolutely skewered Hirai for that quote (and other equally stupid quotes from the very same interview).