Yash 69 wrote:
solid defense mechanism? wut?

I meant a defense mechanism that can protect games, really unrealistic huh?
I don't know about you, but to me its pretty disturbing , I tried to say hi and ask for a few tips but before I got the words out you end up with a big fat 1 hit k.o. You haven't seen the kids that can hit up to 2e + 00 right?

No offense, but this makes very little sense to me.
Maggeh wrote:
No, but a rip will be made of it if it's original in some form. Well no- even if it's a rip that somehow becomes popular someone will try to copy it. Even if you don't release the source someone will just take all of the icons and try to rip your game off themselves.

It really hurts someone to know that all your work will end up getting stolen which does not encourage people who do want to make an original anime and it really doesn't get better with people who actually pay to get a source. Sometimes I even of all people say "why even make an original game when you know someone will eventually get the source and leak it." It really makes me sad to know that there is no way to prevent rippers and makes me mad when someone calls it "original" i'm pretty sure we can all agree with you Maggeh.
Troy1121 wrote:
"why even make an original game when you know someone will eventually get the source and leak it."

This doesn't happen magically. Try not to trust every 14 year old on the internet and your source won't get leaked.
Lord of light wrote:
WOTS in itself isn't original, it's Naruto Strikes Back, but Axerob made his own small rip that had no players, then Buster made him the "official" owner. Anyone can remap and add a few icons, but since NSB it's never really got the programming attention its deserved. That's why WOTS died out soon as a better made game came out, I think GhostAnime helped with WOTS but thats the only decent programmer who's touched the game since, it was at its best when Sven, Buster and I worked on it. It had a sad history after that.

I've refined my programming abilities since then, by quite a substantial amount, anyone -can- recode the game, but the fact remains it's been built up too far on the inefficient methods to go fixing it, and remaking the game, well, may as well just dub it a new game rather than dragging it down with the name NSB, WOTS, Shinobi.

It's old, it was made when we were younger, more immature and oblivious to what games really need.
Cinnom wrote:
Troy1121 wrote:
"why even make an original game when you know someone will eventually get the source and leak it."

This doesn't happen magically. Try not to trust every 14 year old on the internet and your source won't get leaked.

Yeah, that I agree with. Icons being ripped is inevitable, but your source itself is protected as long as you're not giving it out to anyone who says they can help.

Live and learn.
Troy1121 wrote:
Maggeh wrote:
No, but a rip will be made of it if it's original in some form. Well no- even if it's a rip that somehow becomes popular someone will try to copy it. Even if you don't release the source someone will just take all of the icons and try to rip your game off themselves.

It really hurts someone to know that all your work will end up getting stolen which does not encourage people who do want to make an original anime and it really doesn't get better with people who actually pay to get a source. Sometimes I even of all people say "why even make an original game when you know someone will eventually get the source and leak it." It really makes me sad to know that there is no way to prevent rippers and makes me mad when someone calls it "original" i'm pretty sure we can all agree with you Maggeh.

Inorite? Lets ban this individual because hes such a douche bag! Who's with me!
Originality:
When it comes to originality to me it means everything. I wouldn't be reviewing this game if it was a rip, and if it was a totally make a joke of it, not a review. Although I gave it a 5 because its a fan game. It has some concepts from other games, and it wont be hard to find. <---

I don't understand this. How could you give this a 5 in Originality. I don't see any Zeta/Rebirth/Naruto Online ripped pixel art on this game, it should be a 10 in my opinion.
it has GBA graphics
Goku jnr wrote:
Originality:
When it comes to originality to me it means everything. I wouldn't be reviewing this game if it was a rip, and if it was a totally make a joke of it, not a review. Although I gave it a 5 because its a fan game. It has some concepts from other games, and it wont be hard to find. <---

I don't understand this. How could you give this a 5 in Originality. I don't see any Zeta/Rebirth/Naruto Online ripped pixel art on this game, it should be a 10 in my opinion.

By originality, Rasengan, do you mean originality as in only the icons, or the gameplay and concept as well?
If it was intended to be only icons, then maybe it'd be higher- but if it was meant to be the game as a whole, then.. That could be it.
Kingcybergoku wrote:
Maggeh wrote:

Oh, I see what you mean. What if Byond had a solid defense mechanism? Couldn't Byond just done that? But then again Rips will always be made no matter what.

There isn't any defense mechanism against people taking all of your stuff. If they can log in and see it, they can take it. The best thing you can do is not give your source code out to anyone.
Ah, a good review to read.
Game as a whole, and 10 would be ridiculous. As In concept I meant idea's , the game uses no ripped art nor code.
Rugg wrote:
I don't know about you, but to me its pretty disturbing , I tried to say hi and ask for a few tips but before I got the words out you end up with a big fat 1 hit k.o. You haven't seen the kids that can hit up to 2e + 00 right?

No offense, but this makes very little sense to me.

I guess i'll explain my own post to the reviewer.

Nobody can hit up to 2e+00. Did you even take the time to examine the damage-system? Oh, and as for the "one hitting jutsus", you were killed by a jutsu that inflicted 2,000 damage (Which health can reach up to 300,000+.)Rasengan & Chidori alone do about 80,000, so it's a bit obnoxious to criticize the games damage/battle system when you didn't fully take the time into examining it.
I've seen it happen before. Before acrpytid owned it, but w/e.
Kingcybergoku wrote:
Maggeh wrote:

Oh, I see what you mean. What if Byond had a solid defense mechanism? Couldn't Byond just done that? But then again Rips will always be made no matter what.

If you're talking about DMB decompilers, the only two out there are in the hands of very trustworthy people that programmed them themselves. No one has ever stolen a source through them. What actually happens is some 12 year old tells them he can map for them, so they give him the source and he distributes it.
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:

Damage has never reached to "2e-00". It has always had a consistent and debatebly balanced damage system.
Rugg wrote:
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:

Damage has never reached to "2e-00". It has always had a consistent and debatebly balanced damage system.

I'm pretty sure people have done well over 2 (2e-00 = 2 * 10**0 = 2) damage. :)

Although I suppose he probably meant something like 2e+10 or something.
Thats exactly what I meant. I didn't think anyone would correct me.

Damn you Kobata!
Rasengan3oo4 wrote:
Character ban and deletion of character? I personally think they do this on purpose, they know its going to happen to a player one time, and a GM will magically appear and ban you. You can't blame players on the lack of code and thought added into the training system.

Or you could just not cheat and play by the rules. The same people who are AFK training/EZing on a system that's easy to do it are also going to at least attempt to do it on a more difficult system. Yes, it does have to do with how easy it is, but even moreso with the character of each player.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6