ID:53409

Keywords: naruto, review
Today I am here to review a game that used to be formerly known as NWOTS(Naruto Way Of the Shinobi). This game was known to be Axerob and Busters game, but mainly Axerob since it was his old hub. I really don't want to get into how "Acryptid" owns this game, but I'll tell you in a nutshell. Azerob, Acrpytid, Buster and a few other kids, got into a hissy fit and eventually axerob claims "He got back stabbed" Now Acrpytid owns the game.

Now I don't really know what to say, but many naruto games rips in byond anime are based of this game. But the staff eventually ended up re- pixeling most of the icons which differs from all the other rips. This game is the 1st and original wots, but now lets get to the review.

Game-play:
Heh, well unfortunately for Shinobi, I like to unravel tons of truth. Well basically this game is kill, kill and more kill, you wont have fun fighting others in this game at all. Most of the people on this game usually 1 hit k.o. you, which will usually get a average 12 year old frustrated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I don't know about you, but to me its pretty disturbing , I tried to say hi and ask for a few tips but before I got the words out you end up with a big fat 1 hit k.o. You haven't seen the kids that can hit up to 2e + 00 right?

But even though this game has its moments, You will run across a friendly player once in a while an be willing to help you along the way.

Do not AFK Train, EZ, or unattentively train your character. You will be banned for a week and your character will be deleted. Wait, whats this?

Character ban and deletion of character? I personally think they do this on purpose, they know its going to happen to a player one time, and a GM will magically appear and ban you. If you really don't want players to AFK train or Ez or all that crap, make a better user friendly training system. You can't blame players on the lack of code and thought added into the training system.

Presentation:
I wont lie on this, I'm pretty jealous , they have some nice icons in this game. I've been playing for a while now and all they icons look nice, but even some of the simplest icons have too much detail added to them, is that really necessary? As I said most of the icons had been re - pixeled and I think it is way better than the old ones. It be even way better if the added some sounds jutsu sounds preferably, or home made sounds(Head to audiophiles my friend). GFX isn't too bad so nothing to comment on that.

Originality:
When it comes to originality to me it means everything. I wouldn't be reviewing this game if it was a rip, and if it was a totally make a joke of it, not a review. Although I gave it a 5 because its a fan game. It has some concepts from other games, and it wont be hard to find.

Overall: I give this game a 6. It has its up and downs at times but I think the game is being managed by a much better staff. It is being re-programmed so get ready to see something else in the long run. So I will end this by saying good luck to Acrpytid and his team in the process of re-creation.

Rasengan3oo4~

Meh, its roots are Naruto Strikes Back, NSB, made by Sven90 and myself. Rob was given that source, I felt like helping him, I gave WOTS life. He worked on it yeah, but I didn't really see greatness out of what he did, it was a crappy source code to begin with and no one can really be blamed for the lag it generates and the sometimes, weird bugs and errors that occur. And on another note, I'm counting Letsuami as one of the developers of this project, he's been the only one really making change, from WOTS to "Shinobi".
The game has no plans to be re-programmed, especially since they don't have an actual programmer. Not to mention the game has been going downhill since Will has owned it.

"But we fixed more bugs than you did!" Okay, but 22 players on a good day now is pretty sad considering it was like, way higher a week ago.
Axerob wrote:
The game has no plans to be re-programmed, especially since they don't have an actual programmer. Not to mention the game has been going downhill since Will has owned it.

"But we fixed more bugs than you did!" Okay, but 22 players on a good day now is pretty sad considering it was like, way higher a week ago.

Well, yeah, it's too much to redo, and in all honesty it needs to be redone if it aspires to be anything more than NSB or WOTS.

It's not like Will has all the time in the world anyway, so you can't blame him for anything the game is going through.
Bustercannon wrote:
Axerob wrote:

Well, yeah, it's too much to redo, and in all honesty it needs to be redone if it aspires to be anything more than NSB or WOTS.

It's not like Will has all the time in the world anyway, so you can't blame him for anything the game is going through.

Well, I do know it is way too much to redo(I tried once) especially by yourself. I know Will doesn't have any time, but the updates he did make...this one recent one, he removed a part of the game everyone liked and they all started complaining to me.

The game really is old, and It needs to be changed to "today's" standard if it has any hope of succeding once again.

Axerob wrote:

Can i say this?
If NWOTS isnt original why the hell is it in byond Anime?The game is a general failure need I say more?
Riku 123q wrote:
Axerob wrote:

Can i say this?
If NWOTS isnt original why the hell is it in byond Anime?The game is a general failure need I say more?

uh, it is Original, and considering you support rips of it, i suggest you keep quiet.

Axerob wrote:
Riku 123q wrote:
Axerob wrote:

Can i say this?

uh, it is Original, and considering you support rips of it, i suggest you keep quiet.

I dont support any rips of this game,And before youe even say it........I AM NOT KANG >_>
The thing is whether its original or not its fail.All i need to say.
Riku 123q wrote:
Axerob wrote:
Riku 123q wrote:
Axerob wrote:

Can i say this?

I dont support any rips of this game,And before youe even say it........I AM NOT KANG >_>

It was a good game in its prime, it's currently being held up by safety pins and string, which would lead you to the assumption it is "fail". But it has had crazy playerbases.
Bustercannon wrote:
Riku 123q wrote:
Axerob wrote:
Riku 123q wrote:
Axerob wrote:

Can i say this?

It was a good game in its prime, it's currently being held up by safety pins and string, which would lead you to the assumption it is "fail". But it has had crazy playerbases.

Honestly i used to like it play it whenever i felt i couldnt find a game.But at this point....Nothing has been updated really so yea.
what new pixels?
Heh sorry about that i thought they were going to re-program but it was actually - "Re-iconning & re-mapping".
Why not create this entire game from scratch? WOTS/Shinobi whatever you want to call it wasn't really unique >_>
WOTS in itself isn't original, it's Naruto Strikes Back, but Axerob made his own small rip that had no players, then Buster made him the "official" owner. Anyone can remap and add a few icons, but since NSB it's never really got the programming attention its deserved. That's why WOTS died out soon as a better made game came out, I think GhostAnime helped with WOTS but thats the only decent programmer who's touched the game since, it was at its best when Sven, Buster and I worked on it. It had a sad history after that.
There was nothing impressive about WOTS except the fact it had a decent base icon.
So basically any game that's going to be made, IS going to have to be a rip????
Kingcybergoku wrote:
So basically any game that's going to be made, IS going to have to be a rip????

No, but a rip will be made of it if it's original in some form. Well no- even if it's a rip that somehow becomes popular someone will try to copy it. Even if you don't release the source someone will just take all of the icons and try to rip your game off themselves.
I'd say it's a pretty good review.
Maggeh wrote:
No, but a rip will be made of it if it's original in some form. Well no- even if it's a rip that somehow becomes popular someone will try to copy it. Even if you don't release the source someone will just take all of the icons and try to rip your game off themselves.

Oh, I see what you mean. What if Byond had a solid defense mechanism? Couldn't Byond just done that? But then again Rips will always be made no matter what.
solid defense mechanism? wut?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6