ID:53896

DBZ remake coming spring 2009

http://daizex.com/

* The DBZ TV series is receiving an extensive "refresh" for Japanese television airing

* This is a celebration of the 20th anniversary of DBZ

* While based on the original animation production, it is being updated with new technology

* This includes extending the frames for formatting on an HD 16:9 display (note: not cropping the image)

* The original Japanese cast is re-grouping to re-voice the show (where available, and unfortunately not including those that have passed on, such as Hirotaka Suzuoki [Tenshinhan])

* Sound effects are being updated

* Unlike the general show, the OPs and EDs are being completely redone

* While not in the above announcement, other reports are noting that the number of episodes is being reduced from 291 to approximately 100
------------------------------------------------

Condensed down into a 100 episodes? I guess that means not having 10 episodes dedicated to showing a five minute long fight. So much for "Are we still on Namek?"
:)
I wonder if Vegeta's Final Flash will still take 5 minutes long.
IT'S STILL OVER 9000!!!!!
Seems wildly unnecessary..
IcewarriorX wrote:

It really does actually... Why can't they just make new episodes. How hard can it be? If weekly junk like Bleach and Naruto can come out, why not 32 more episodes of Dragonball Z. -facepalm-
Wowww.
* While not in the above announcement, other reports are noting that the number of episodes is being reduced from 291 to approximately 100

Wow, that actually sounds like a decent reason for me to watch this.
DarkView wrote:

Wow, that actually sounds like a decent reason for me to watch this.

Come to think of it, if someone is happy to sub it. I'd REALLY, REALLY BE happy to watch it.
I hope its true, and cant wait to see it. The last special had some really nice animation haha. Less powerup up is always a good thing too.

Im especially interested in whether the art will be consistant, unlike before.
I would imagine since they should be significantly editing everything to start with, well hopefully I don't see how they'll get 16:9 aspect ratio to work if they don't.
Ha! I'm with DarkView. Fixing the pacing could be reason enough to watch a new edition. Those new to the franchise would probably have an easier time. (Better recaps would help as well though. Serial anime has a bad habit of summarizing random events from the last episode instead of explaining the overarching plot points.)
Well, I can't wait.
Goku jnr wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

It really does actually... Why can't they just make new episodes. How hard can it be? If weekly junk like Bleach and Naruto can come out, why not 32 more episodes of Dragonball Z. -facepalm-

Dragonball Z ended years ago. What would be the point of making new episodes? Last thing we need is yet ANOTHER random villain deciding to attack Earth with no real agenda except to destroy shit and us seeing yet another fusion or Super Saiyan level unleashed.
The dark prince majin vegeta wrote:
Goku jnr wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

Dragonball Z ended years ago. What would be the point of making new episodes? Last thing we need is yet ANOTHER random villain deciding to attack Earth with no real agenda except to destroy shit and us seeing yet another fusion or Super Saiyan level unleashed.

I didn't mean the new episodes to be of that caliber. New episodes doesn't mean new transformations, if Akira could pull that silly excuse of a Dragonball Special out of his ass, I'm certain he could of done much better.

Also, I don't understand "yet another villain deciding to attack Earth with no agenda", most of the characters did have a reason to attack Earth.

What they really could do is do some past style episodes, what really made me ponder was the lack of Dragonball Z history flashbacks. For example, when Vegeta died on Namek, there should have been an epic episode just before he died about him as the Prince and as Frieza's henchmen. But it won't happen anyway, better not dwell on it.

Dragonball Z, eh. The things they can do with the Anime and Manga are endless...
Goku jnr wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

YOU STOLE MAH FRIEND JACKS FACEPALMAGE! MEANIE!>_<
Goku jnr wrote:
Goku jnr wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

I didn't mean the new episodes to be of that caliber. New episodes doesn't mean new transformations, if Akira could pull that silly excuse of a Dragonball Special out of his ass, I'm certain he could of done much better.

Also, I don't understand "yet another villain deciding to attack Earth with no agenda", most of the characters did have a reason to attack Earth.

What they really could do is do some past style episodes, what really made me ponder was the lack of Dragonball Z history flashbacks. For example, when Vegeta died on Namek, there should have been an epic episode just before he died about him as the Prince and as Frieza's henchmen. But it won't happen anyway, better not dwell on it.

Dragonball Z, eh. The things they can do with the Anime and Manga are endless...

It all sounds pointless to me.

Raditz - Came to check on Goku's mission
Vegeta - Came to use the dragon balls to get stronger
Frieza - Came to destroy shit
Androids - Destroy shit
Cell - Destroy shit
Garlic Jr. - Destroy shit
Majin Buu - Destroy shit

Other than slight vengence, none of the villains had any real agenda except to destroy shit.
Goku jnr wrote:
Goku jnr wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

Androids - Destroy shit
Cell - Destroy shit
Majin Buu - Destroy shit

Other than slight vengence, none of the villains had any real agenda except to destroy shit.

Alot of that is wrong.
Garlic Jr. came to avenge his father.
Vegeta tried to use the dragonballs to bring back his father(Or the saiyan race Im not sure)
Frieza wanted to become immortal and to destroy goku.
Andriods their purpose were to destroy goku.
Radits came to get his brother back so he could sell more planets for profit faster.
Riku 123q wrote:
Goku jnr wrote:
Goku jnr wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

Androids - Destroy shit
Cell - Destroy shit
Majin Buu - Destroy shit

Alot of that is wrong.
Vegeta tried to use the dragonballs to bring back his father(Or the saiyan race Im not sure)
Radits came to get his brother back so he could sell more planets for profit faster.

What the hell?

Garlic wanted to avenge his father, but more importantly, rule the earth.
Vegeta didnt give a damn about the saiyans, he wanted immortality.

Pmitch wrote:
Riku 123q wrote:
Goku jnr wrote:
Goku jnr wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

Androids - Destroy shit
Cell - Destroy shit
Majin Buu - Destroy shit

Alot of that is wrong.

What the hell?

Garlic wanted to avenge his father, but more importantly, rule the earth.
Vegeta didnt give a damn about the saiyans, he wanted immortality.
Garlic still had a reason. :|
And for vegeta Ill have to look back at that episode.
Page: 1 2