ID:53983

Well I just got finished more or less the first part of the guild updates for the New Year. I had originally wanted to get everything we planned done by today, but regretfully it was not to be.

First on the agenda for today is the formal blog post announcement of AmonR joining the BAS team. AmonR is a pretty awesome, and helpful guy that makes some incredible artwork. Let's give a hoorah for AmonR!

Second up for tonight is one of the bigger updates we've had planned for a while. I give you all version 1 of the BYOND Art Society's list of Tutorials and Resources! The list contains a ton of helpful tutorial links ranging from how to use Photoshop to hosting an image on the web. We've also finally created a pretty large list of resources for people that for whatever reason or another is unable to make their own or find someone to make their own art for a game. The resource list contains many resources from our very own BYOND, as well as several large free resource site. You'll also find such goodies as textures, and brush files for Photoshop and GIMP. All of this is in one central location.

I've put a link up at the top of page in the featured art box "click here" to the Resource and Tutorial page, as well as one in the old resource list box for the time being. You'd be shock to know most people do not bother to scroll down a little bit on websites. I have no idea what to do with the vacant space, so it will just stay empty for now.

The third update I made was some edits to the site. I adjusted the margins and page link so there isn't a ridiculously 4000px length page, nor huge empty margins on the sides. If this breaks the page for anyone, please tell me. I haven't figured out how to size down the huge top margin yet, it seems to be lost in Monkey's CSS code because I can't find it -- although this might not be an issue.

In store for the future is guild updates phase 2. We'll be once again changing the forums around, and hopefully this time for good. We'll be altering the CSS a bit more in the future (think new banner, buttons, and perhaps color scheme), but the overall layout will remain the same. I'm also going to be rewriting the Guild rules and guidelines to condense it a bit more, and make it easier to read, as well as to make note of the Guild Blog Posting guidelines.

A few months ago I enabled it so members could submit blog posts, and just haven't gotten around to announcing this little update nor writing the the guidelines for it. The short version is essentially post about interesting gaming art news (galleries, articles on gaming art, indy games), Contests and Challenges that you may want to set up, Tutorials and/or resource posts, or even posts that go into details about your complete game art such as Tayoko and Zxcvdnm posts.

What I mean by 'complete' game art is enough art to show off complete screen-shots of your games. What this means is no posts about single icons such as a base icon. Also do not post about looking for artists, looking for tutorials or help. Make sure your post is properly tagged with correct keywords, and is in readable and coherent English.

Last on tonight's agenda is I'd like to announce the complement of BAS' first and only completed to date collaboration. Operation Collaboration! Xooxer started it back in 2007, and exactly 2 years to that day the final pieces were put in place.

Look at this marvelous thing. I don't even know what the heck is going on or what it is, but this is what the BYOND Art community has produced.

Credits on the Project: TheMonkeyDidIt, Maggeh, Shizno9, SSJ_Crono, Evi of Au, Yota, D4RK3 54B3R, HiddeKnight, Yami_Ace, Smiker, Bakasensei, King-Mang-man, SuperAntX, SSJ Dark Trunks, AmonR, Chris-g1, and Pmitch (Legendary Goku 10).

And a special thanks Flick, Hulio-G, SuperSaiyanGokuX, XxDohxX, The dark prince majin vegeta, Squeegy, MdNight, Mohfar1, and Lotama for encouragement and tips.

Woo, now that's all done with I can finally go to sleep. You stay classy BYOND!

Great!
I feel like I should be more helpful to PaS. I'll see what I can do. By the way, the link "Tayoko" is broken. =) Thanks for the mention.
I like the window title =P
I know how that feels! Sleep. SLEEEEEEEP!
The page takes up about 125% of my screen. That means I have to scroll to the right to read the text. Bad.

I posted a modified version of your CSS here. You might try that. Seems to work fine in FireFox 2 and reasonably well in an oldie version of internet explorer.
Foomer wrote:
The page takes up about 125% of my screen. That means I have to scroll to the right to read the text. Bad.

I posted a modified version of your CSS here. You might try that. Seems to work fine in FireFox 2 and reasonably well in an oldie version of internet explorer.

That's pretty similar to what we had before. For most people it leaves almost half the page blank, all we seemed to get was complaints on the wasted space. I don't know what to do at this point, I might just put it back to what it was before if this isn't gonna work out.

I also just fixed the links in the posts.
i'm using chrome and i have to scroll to the right and even still it cuts off the text and i can't read some of it.
Did you want a layout that would adjust to the width of the page with a fixed-width menu on the left?
Foomer wrote:
Did you want a layout that would adjust to the width of the page with a fixed-width menu on the left?

If that's possible, that would be great. It would solve everyone's problems. I don't know how to that though. I'm quite the novice at CSS editing.
Isn't it obvious what it is? It's a demonic pimp and/or demonic cyborg franky busting a cap in some pervert's head who is obviously an alien.
Wow I thought the Operation Collaboration died.
I'm still waiting for an official guild competition though
The Rules and Guidelines caption is; Everyone shuld read this. "shuld" is spelled incorrectly. And fix up all the capitals on all the captions for the forum names, they are all randomly capitalized. Also in Non-Pixel WIP the caption says "..."non pixel"(Without the -).

Edit: On the left of the site is says "Guilds for Game Making Resources" and only lists 1 guild, so you could put Guild(s) or add Dream Makers/Developers Forum.
Haha oh wow. How any of us didn't notice that typo I don't know. I'll fix it when I get home tonight.
Maggeh you're doing a wonderfull job, oh and welcome Amon!.