very well said Masterdan I agree with that entirely
NightJumper88 wrote:
very well said Masterdan I agree with that entirely

I agree with everything except that last line. (I wish people would realize that capping off an otherwise good rant with cussing/insults is like topping an otherwise good ice cream sundae with a cockroach instead of a cherry.)
Masterdan wrote:
I feel bad for Diffeys101, hes being very polite in the face of massive criticism.

:<, quite frankly the hostile nature of this community would turn me away as a prospective byond customer from paying for a personal blog. I wish people would be more aligned to the success and development of new entrants into the byond developing community. Even if they start with something like a rip or a james bond game. What do you think, some of these 14-16 year old kids really want to come up with a backstory for their first game? God i remember having in the late 1990s a program called Cocoa for my old Mac OS 6 or 7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagecast_Creator

I basically just made Megaman, Goldeneye and mario games. I had a blast and I learned a lot. For me to see people launching mean uncalled for attacks on people for making fan games, just makes me so angry because I know how harmless and how much fun it is for a younger person to make fangames. I hope anybody who is so bitter and angry at young game makers who make fan games just go fuck themselves.

I agree completely with your argument. Of course there's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to make a fan game. However, what you are arguing really does not apply to the situation at hand, and is ultimately just stuck in tunnel vision.

Look at the post itself. So far he's put together a team of 3 people who will make icons and maps. All he even has in the way of programming is himself, but he limits himself to merely editing existing code and learning a little as he goes along. You can't say that creating a project where you expect 2 other people to create the bulk of the game's code is the best way to learn DM. You mention learning some programming skill through Cocoa, but I'm willing to bet you didn't go about making your Mario fangames by assembling a bunch of people who wrote the bulk of the actual code.
And here's there the tunnel vision comes in. You can't look at this and say we're just bashing people for fun because we hate fan games. All that does is make you look like a gunslinger who defends every anime game in existence. The problem is the stagnation this kind of thing causes. We have tons of people either forming teams that often end in failure, or taking ripped code and releasing a game that is almost exactly like dozens of others. It may be helpful in achieving a single person's goal of owning a game based off of their favorite anime, but it just adds nothing to BYOND. The idea is that if these people were to actually take the time to learn competent programming techniques and put this in to a more creative outlet, everybody would be better off. Again, we have nothing against fan games, but I'm pretty sure GOA was predominately your creative effort, and I'm also sure you didn't base it off of the code of another game.
Vex How do you agree when you are one of them. You exactly said "You are one colossal piece of fail". Atleast my critism wasn't hurtful. I basically said there is no clear point in having more than one fangame of the same genre anime. There is nothing wrong with a Fan-game.
Hmm, I didnt read anything that said his game was based on a source code. It does say that he isnt capable of coding but only editing code, I assumed that meant he is looking for a programmer and can work on and learn from programming that said prospective staff member would bring.

I dont really encouraged ripped games, however I am not innocent on this regard as DBGekisen was based off the zeta source code.. and that helped me understand how to use byond.. (but was a horrible role model).
Vexonater wrote:
Masterdan wrote:
I feel bad for Diffeys101, hes being very polite in the face of massive criticism.

:<, quite frankly the hostile nature of this community would turn me away as a prospective byond customer from paying for a personal blog. I wish people would be more aligned to the success and development of new entrants into the byond developing community. Even if they start with something like a rip or a james bond game. What do you think, some of these 14-16 year old kids really want to come up with a backstory for their first game? God i remember having in the late 1990s a program called Cocoa for my old Mac OS 6 or 7.

I basically just made Megaman, Goldeneye and mario games. I had a blast and I learned a lot. For me to see people launching mean uncalled for attacks on people for making fan games, just makes me so angry because I know how harmless and how much fun it is for a younger person to make fangames. I hope anybody who is so bitter and angry at young game makers who make fan games just go fuck themselves.

I agree completely with your argument. Of course there's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to make a fan game. However, what you are arguing really does not apply to the situation at hand, and is ultimately just stuck in tunnel vision.

Look at the post itself. So far he's put together a team of 3 people who will make icons and maps. All he even has in the way of programming is himself, but he limits himself to merely editing existing code and learning a little as he goes along. You can't say that creating a project where you expect 2 other people to create the bulk of the game's code is the best way to learn DM. You mention learning some programming skill through Cocoa, but I'm willing to bet you didn't go about making your Mario fangames by assembling a bunch of people who wrote the bulk of the actual code.
And here's there the tunnel vision comes in. You can't look at this and say we're just bashing people for fun because we hate fan games. All that does is make you look like a gunslinger who defends every anime game in existence. The problem is the stagnation this kind of thing causes. We have tons of people either forming teams that often end in failure, or taking ripped code and releasing a game that is almost exactly like dozens of others. It may be helpful in achieving a single person's goal of owning a game based off of their favorite anime, but it just adds nothing to BYOND. The idea is that if these people were to actually take the time to learn competent programming techniques and put this in to a more creative outlet, everybody would be better off. Again, we have nothing against fan games, but I'm pretty sure GOA was predominately your creative effort, and I'm also sure you didn't base it off of the code of another game.

Who says i was going to use codes of an other game ? i dint put that in the post look (escription:
(it's a all new Naruto game Im planing to have many Features and justus as seen on manga and shippuden and hopefully have up to date justus and Bijuu 1-9 and lots of Organizations instead of the same old Organizations
thier will be new items mapping codeing and iconing to be 100 % RIP free with your help

it says 100% non free rip no based on a another game code im looking for someone can teach me and so far i can olny can edit code. Btw what is wrong with fan made games ? it's just as possible to make a james bond game same as resident evil game on Byond .
Diffeys101 wrote:
Vexonater wrote:
Masterdan wrote:

Who says i was going to use codes of an other game ? i dint put that in the post look (escription:
(it's a all new Naruto game Im planing to have many Features and justus as seen on manga and shippuden and hopefully have up to date justus and Bijuu 1-9 and lots of Organizations instead of the same old Organizations
thier will be new items mapping codeing and iconing to be 100 % RIP free with your help

it says 100% non free rip no based on a another game code im looking for someone can teach me and so far i can olny can edit code. Btw what is wrong with fan made games ? it's just as possible to make a james bond game same as resident evil game on Byond .

I didn't refer to ripping when I spoke to you specifically. That came up only when I was directing the conversation towards looking at the big picture of the problems of blindly defending someone who wants to make a fan game, and had nothing to do with you yourself.

And Troy, you should read instead of look. I clearly said in my post that there is nothing wrong with fan games themselves, just the some of the problems with the BYOND fan game community.
Vex, I never said you didn't. You said I agree completely with Masterdan's Arguement.

But clearly if you read his post he said that this community was hostile. How could you agree when you were the most hostile towards him.
Troy1121 wrote:
Vex, I never said you didn't. You said I agree completely with Masterdan's Arguement.

But clearly if you read his post he said that this community was hostile. How could you agree when you were the most hostile towards him.

I clearly showed that, while I agreed with Masterdan's complaint, it did not apply to this situation due to how Diffeys101 is going about the creation of the game.
You didn't clearly show anything except that you are a Hypocrite
Troy1121 wrote:

Can you back that up with facts?
Vexonater wrote:
Troy1121 wrote:

You first stated that "You are one colossal piece of fail." Now you are saying that you clearly stated that it didn't apply to the situation (which made no sense at all). There is no facts , you are one of the three;

A. You are a Hypocrite
B. Posted Out Of Pure Stupidity
C. Or you just plainly Kiss Masterdan's Ass Waaay Too much. It was you are a fail at the begininig then you turn all There is nothing wrong with a fan-game

Quite Frankly either way you are dead from the neck up (Brainless).
Troy1121 wrote:
Vexonater wrote:
Troy1121 wrote:

You first stated that "You are one colossal piece of fail." Now you are saying that you clearly stated that it didn't apply to the situation (which made no sense at all). There is no facts , you are one of the three;

A. You are a Hypocrite
C. Or you just plainly Kiss Masterdan's Ass Waaay Too much. It was you are a fail at the begininig then you turn all There is nothing wrong with a fan-game

Your statement said more of yourself than it did of me. I insulted Diffys because his particular post was him wanting a bunch of programmers and pixel artists to work together on a project instead of his making it. Masterdan's post defended the kids who want to make their own fangames because the idea is so cool to them.

I have clearly said that while I agree with him that there is nothing inherently wrong with wanting to make a fan game, my whole issue was the fact that Diffeys is basically assembling a bunch of people to do almost all the work for him. If you had bothered to actually read what I wrote instead of just getting yourself riled up over something you clearly didn't understand, you would not be making yourself look like such an idiot like you are right now.
Vexonater wrote:
Troy1121 wrote:
Vexonater wrote:
Troy1121 wrote:

A. You are a Hypocrite

Your statement said more of yourself than it did of me. I insulted Diffys because his particular post was him wanting a bunch of programmers and pixel artists to work together on a project instead of his making it. Masterdan's post defended the kids who want to make their own fangames because the idea is so cool to them.

I have clearly said that while I agree with him that there is nothing inherently wrong with wanting to make a fan game, my whole issue was the fact that Diffeys is basically assembling a bunch of people to do almost all the work for him. If you had bothered to actually read what I wrote instead of just getting yourself riled up over something you clearly didn't understand, you would not be making yourself look like such an idiot like you are right now.

_> you don't know i was going to do with my game in the first plase you could have just ask me
i wasn't going to let the all the ppl do all the work i was going to do some of the coding myself i was just going to let them to the org and npc's and thats all >_> then ask them if they can give me some advise on coding .
There is no Clearly. From anyone's point of view they probably took it as an insult. Clearly stating something is going to the problem directly. You didn't Clearly state anything. You said you completely agreed with Masterdan but yet in all his begining of his post said "The community is hostile, when you were the most Hostile. As far as I see it you made yourself look like a dick-head dult. *End Of Transmission*
I could do alot of the programming for you aswell as host 24/7.
For membership!
BioNerd wrote:
For membership!

Ok im in the hospital right now so im not on mine computer. and I need my dads credit card back so it will take a wille before i can give you a membership. I have a host already so you can be a back up host. So give me time i will get to you.

how did you code the bijuu's ? add me : Impudens
Impudens wrote:
how did you code the bijuu's ? add me : Impudens

This post is dead and gone along time ago and im not inserted in making games no more
Page: 1 2