ID:54350

Keywords: silkwizard, wrong
SilkWizard thinks it is a consensus that anybody who opens a history book will see.

Here's what he had to say! "(Hes Amused at)The stimulus bill and anyone who defends it
Go read a history book, kiddos. Claiming that The New Deal got us out of the great depression is like stating that The Holocaust got us out of World War II.

...Wait, that doesn't make sense? It sure doesn't."

However... most Historians disagree with him. Hey though, why back up your inflammatory comments with support when your an objectivist who eats his own excrement for breakfast, am i right?!

http://eh.net/lists/archives/eh.res/feb-1997/0010.php My source, PhD Historians are polled, the ones presumably writing the history books Silkwizard alludes to that have a consensus agreeing with his position (he blatantly says that, but has no evidence and is wrong. Man watching Faux news messes with your brain)

To summarize from that evidence, after polling a number of PhD Historians about whether "Taken as a whole, government policies of the New Deal served to lengthen and deepen the Great Depression.":

27% Agreed
73% Disagreed *SilkWizard is wrong!*

The questionnaire was sent to 88 historians PhD's of which 44% responded.

I both hate and love proving SilkWizard wrong all the time. It is freaking awesome.

He is obviously the type of person who if something is written in a book he takes it as fact, he believes the bull Ayn Rand talks about (the dickhead religion) and he logically assumes that if one book makes a claim it must be true, even though the consensus of Historians is overwhelmingly in the New Deal's Favor.

I dont need to throw opinions around when I can just focus on proving that moron wrong. Objectivists are retards.
Regardless of what the New Deal did economically, it certainly rescued millions from despair and made it at least SEEM like things weren't so bad to quite a few people. If things had stayed so seemingly hopeless, its' entirely possible that the democracy may have fallen to social and political unrest.
Absolutely Vexonator, a very good concise explanation of the importance of keeping people employed and the intangible value of Keynesian economics in times of despair.
Short answer: No.

Long answer: It kept national morale up, greatly improved America's infrastructure, provided jobs, and helped reduce the income gap slightly.

Silk answer: Ayn Rand lol.
I don't need to write an essay or digup facts to prove someone is retarded...I just go on instinct.

I'm usually right.
True, however Silkwizard likes to ride his high horse that he is smarter than everybody, I guess that is why he subscribes to a philosophy in which we create our own reality huh.

I value logic more than he does, yet he calls himself an objectivist. And yet, I would rather follow my principles and irrational notions of love and morality than subscribe to his selfish world view. I call that being a intelligent, rational, human being. He is just a dogmatic retard.
If Persons B,C,D,E,F, and G all know that Person A is a dick...then it doesn't matter what person A does or says.
IcewarriorX wrote:
If Persons B,C,D,E,F, and G all know that Person A is a dick...then it doesn't matter what person A does or says.

Yup thats the truth! xD
great post Masterdan

i personally started laughing when i read the comments from silkwizard.
Good Point.
I thought in the whole grand scheme of things the general consensus is the New Deal didn't do anything bad, but it didn't really help all that much either. The Economy was already starting to slowly revive by the time Roosevelt came into office, and nothing he did really improved anything until WWII shot the economy back into gear.
The great depressions effects were severely overshadowed by the effects of WWII, what it did do before WWII started was halved the unemployment rate. It had effects thats for sure, such a robust and farreaching change in policy is going to have effects, however WWII makes the statistics a little hazy, what people do typically agree on (if they arent mental) is that it got people back to work thus ending a feeling of dispair. You know with statistics and economics you often miss the effect of a single provider household being unemployed.. bringing them back to work had a lot of long term positive effects. Really it is never good for an adult to not be working, being unemployed causes so many more problems than a drop in GDP.
Objectivists are retards.

Eh, I don't know that calling them retarded is fair. As soon as I figure out what exactly -it- is, I'll set some things up.

What I do know about it is that it's a form of Egoism, which in itself is a pretty solid way to stand ethically. People don't like it because you re what's most important, but it's nevertheless a solid ethical standing. Where Objectivism takes this is beyond me, like I said earlier I'm not sure what it is in the first place.
It is a pessimistic, antisocial, loveless and dispassionate opinion on life. People who subscribe to it are selfish and I would never trust. People describe themselves as objectivists when in reality they are simply opportunists. It is a copout of having a mature set of principles, and quite frankly the tenits of Objectivism fall directly in line with the personality traits of a Psychopath.

Person M writes too much text.