ID:54645

Pain:
You ask me why I’m dong this? My answer won’t change anything. But if we have a little chat, then maybe. My goal is something not even Jiraiya can achieve. I’ve told you before. Through justice I will bring Peace.

Naruto:
Peace? Justice? You’ve gotta be kidding. You’ve gotta be frickin kidding me. My Master! My Teachers! My Friends! My Village! How can you say that when you destroyed them all?!! *panting continues

Pain:
Then what do you want?

Naruto:
I want to defeat you and bring peace to the world of ninjas!!!

Pain:
I see. That’s wonderful. That is justice. But my family, my friends, my village were all destroyed too. Do you really think the ninjas of Konoha are the only ones allowed to talk about peace and justice?

Naruto:
What do you mean?

Pain:
The land of fire and Konoha have grown too big. The nations make war to protect their interests and national gain. If not, the people would starve. But the battleground was always our small village, our small land. And each time, our land laid waste and people left impoverished. After many wars, the great land stabilized. And our small country was left to bear the wound of wars. We both want the same thing. We both want the peace Jiraiya spoke of. You and I are no different. We’re both working for our own justice. The justice I have meted out against Konoha, is exactly the same as what you’re trying to mete out against me. Everyone feels the pain of loss the same. We both know that pain. You are working for your justice, and I for mine. We are just ordinary people driven to revenge in the name of justice. But if revenge is called justice, then that justice breeds yet more revenge. And becomes a chain of hatred. Living within it, aware of the past, predicting the future. That is what it means to know history. We cannot help but know that people cannot understand each other. The world of ninjas is ruled by hatred.

Flashback of Jiraiya and Naruto…

Jiraiya:
Even I can tell hatred is spreading.

Naruto:
Hatred?

Jiraiya:
I want to do something about it, but I don’t know what. But I believe that someday will come when people will truly understand one another.

Naruto:
That sounds hard.

Jiraiya:
If I can’t find the answer, it will be up to you to do it.

Naruto:
Okay. If that’s what you want, I can’t refuse.

Back to present…

Pain:
How would you face this hatred to build peace? Let me hear you answer.

Naruto:
I don’t know. I just don’t know.

Pain:
I created Akatsuki in order to break that chain of hatred. I can do it. That’s why I need the nine-tailed beast’s power. With the power of all the tailed beasts, I will build a weapon far more powerful than what it took to destroy this village. It will be able to destroy an entire land in an instant. The world will know true pain, and the fear of that pain will put an end to war. It will lead the world to stability and peace.

Naruto:
That’s not real peace. It’s nothing but a lie.

Pain:
People are stupid. If I don’t do this, there will be no peace. Eventually, time will pass and the pain will heal. Eventually, checkmate’s power will weaken and people will begin fighting again. This time, they will use the weapon themselves and once more know true pain.

Now Nagato continues…
And for the short time, peace will come again. It will give birth to short period of peace within this endless chain of hatred. That’s my wish. *cough cough*

Konan:
Nagato, don’t overdo it. You’ve used up so much chakra.

Nagato:
*panting* I can see peace.
lol most ppl here already prob read the manga,you should have jus posted the link XD
BxS0ldi3R wrote:
lol most ppl here already prob read the manga,you should have jus posted the link XD

lol no i liked what he said about peace lol its hot
lol Nagato looked like some lifeless bony crap when they showed him with all that machine chakra crap attached to him lol
BxS0ldi3R wrote:
lol Nagato looked like some lifeless bony crap when they showed him with all that machine chakra crap attached to him lol

ya i know lol if u cut him dust will come out instead of blood
Its kind of weird, it is a direct allusion to nuclear bombs and how through the rise of the cold war and nuclear arms people through mutually assured destruction are no longer able to participate in conventional war. This is a japanese comic commenting on the current state of "peace" in the world and how it isnt real and is based on fear and is immoral. Pretty interesting.
Very interesting indeed.
Sure it is.
He's right though, it's sad that he's a bad guy.
Masterdan wrote:
Its kind of weird, it is a direct allusion to nuclear bombs and how through the rise of the cold war and nuclear arms people through mutually assured destruction are no longer able to participate in conventional war. This is a japanese comic commenting on the current state of "peace" in the world and how it isnt real and is based on fear and is immoral. Pretty interesting.

yep