In the first code block for scores, you ended the code block about two lines too early:

if(isnull(result)) src << "Sorry, the hub could not be contacted to record your score." return records = params2list(result)

Should be inside the box also. It took me a few minutes to figure out why the results were stored in Records since you weren't using it :O
In the present iteration, removing medals is not yet supported. That's something that could be subject to change in the future. This is the first-draft concept of medals and more might possibly be added to it down the road.

Removing a score entry (specific fields or all fields) is supported; see the SetScores() documentation for more info.
This new feature is a lifesaver :o
Is there any reason why (was testing) it shows on the screenshots area when it rotates my score...

#1 UnknownDuelist 5

but then when i click 'Standings'

It just shows;

Top Players
#1 5
No reason it should be doing that UD, no. I'll take a look on Monday and see if I can get that little glitch fixed. Odd that yours is the only entry I've seen that happen on yet.
Just FYI, I've temporarily disabled the server->hub medal reporting, so this new stuff won't work right now. Our latest hub software, which includes this functionality, seems to be having issues with properly accounting for players (hence a record 9000+ players "live" this evening) so until we figure that out it'll have to wait.
I get alot of this but... How would i make it so that when a person hits a certain level that they get this acheivement?
well that and I keep getting errors on all my other files for the games... Can some 1 help me with this problem? Yes i did install the latest version of byond.
Timeforfunstuff wrote:
I get alot of this but... How would i make it so that when a person hits a certain level that they get this acheivement?

Um... this is very simple - in your level up procedure, when someone reaches a specific or greater level, use the SetMedal() procedure.

And if you do not have a procedure like that, you should do it! No point modifying several location when you can have all those locations call one procedure and sort it from there.
Tom wrote:
Just FYI, I've temporarily disabled the server->hub medal reporting, so this new stuff won't work right now. Our latest hub software, which includes this functionality, seems to be having issues with properly accounting for players (hence a record 9000+ players "live" this evening) so until we figure that out it'll have to wait.

Ah, I noticed Medals weren't working.

Do we have any idea when this might be back up? I'm still working on adding them in, but I haven't yet been able to test whether my "scoring" code works.
I like this idea, I always figured BYOND could use some sort of achievement-like system.

Way to go!
At the moment it's back up--I'm trying to track whatever caused the issue and the only way to do that is to reproduce it. Once the issue is found, medals and scores may be temporarily disabled again but then the issue should be fully solved.
Lummox JR wrote:
At the moment it's back up--I'm trying to track whatever caused the issue and the only way to do that is to reproduce it. Once the issue is found, medals and scores may be temporarily disabled again but then the issue should be fully solved.

Just so you know, im not sure if you have looked at it or not, but just incase you have (though it seems u have more vital issues at the moment) my Standings still dont seem to show my name when i click them. Shows up in the Screenshots area though.
For Some Reason when i did medal it said

bad argument definition
Chatoyre wrote:
For Some Reason when i did medal it said

bad argument definition

same thing happend to me u have to make it into a proc and put the proc into the place u want it to be
UnknownDuelist wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:

Just so you know, im not sure if you have looked at it or not, but just incase you have (though it seems u have more vital issues at the moment) my Standings still dont seem to show my name when i click them. Shows up in the Screenshots area though.

It's fixed now, thanks! =)
Ok i tried to get the medals started with this...

world.SetMedal("All Star Player",usr)

But it everytime i compile it i get this...

proc.dm:1:error: bad argument definition

I have byond 437.1013. And I all ready have the medal in the hub. So why isn't working?
Theonethegame wrote:
Ok i tried to get the medals started with this...

world.SetMedal("All Star Player")

But it everytime i compile it i get this...

proc.dm:1:error: bad argument definition

I have byond 437.1013. And I all ready have the medal in the hub. So why isn't working?

Args:
medal: name of the medal being awarded
player: a mob, client, key, or ckey
hub: The hub path for the world (optional)
hub_password: The hub password for the world (optional)

You're not supplying the player argument.
What if you would want to go in and check what medals a player has, for example, and achievement system that rewards players based on the medals they recieve in the game.

An example:

Player1 kills 40 wolves!
Player1 Recieves Wolf Slayer medal.
Player1 Recieves 400 Gold for his wolf slayer medal.
10 Minutes later
Player1 Double-Checks to see if wolf slayer-medal is completed in-game, as he might have missed the reward text.
In 438, GetMedal("", player) will return a list (encoded like with list2params()) of all medals the player has for that hub entry. However, GetMedal("Wolf Slayer", player) ought to be adequate.
Page: 1 2 3 4