ID:55067

Keywords: art
We've been working on Efencea pretty steadily. A friend of mine who plays guitars has agreed to compose a few theme songs for us, a riff that we can loop. He will also be making brand new sound effects to go along with our graphical updates. I won't talk about the new features and Ides we've been toying with, I'm pretty sure Verm will cover that on a later date.

To-do List for this week:
  • Remake or add Tower/Unit Shadows
  • Remake all effects, new explosions, and ground firing
  • Add death animations as well as a being hit frame.

Here are some before and after screenshots:

Aliens at tempest!

Robots at Twisted Sigma!

Enjoy, and be sure to show us support by leaving feedback with a comment. It helps out more than what you might think.

In case you missed it: Preview of Towers | New Units
Yea+ and subscribe! Nice!
Really nice!
Aliens ftw!
Wow, you are an incredibly talented artist. Better then Naruto GOA and Bleach Las Noches graphics and they have pixel artist teams.
SupaKoopa wrote:
Wow, you are an incredibly talented artist. Better then Naruto GOA and Bleach Las Noches graphics and they have pixel artist teams.

teams of artists generally do not work, as their styles conflict.
Heh, I like how you tried to get the same units at the same locations.
Vermolius wrote:
Heh, I like how you tried to get the same units at the same locations.

Hey! You there! I see you over there, why don't you come right here!?
Zxcvdnm wrote:
SupaKoopa wrote:

teams of artists generally do not work, as their styles conflict.

Well, I've heard that in art school there are whole classes based on imitating a style for this very propose. But this is byond..and your right about byond teams. ahah

Thanks a bunch for the comments.. keep them rolling in, and spread the word for us. This way, when the new serves come in, we have plenty of players wanting to play and no one has to sit around and do nothing.
I like the Aliens more than the Robots, Verm told me you were biased on that and thats why they came out better xD
MdNight wrote:
I like the Aliens more than the Robots, Verm told me you were biased on that and thats why they came out better xD

haha, partially. I didn't make them -look- better on purpose.. I just -prefer- drawing aliens over robots.
Choka wrote:
Hey! You there! I see you over there, why don't you come right here!?

What?

Haha! You guys really shape up what really is BYOND. It's like every year one good game comes out the rest are blehs,

2009 BYOND Game Of The Year: Efencea

I vote!
ZhugeXLiang wrote:
Haha! You guys really shape up what really is BYOND. It's like every year one good game comes out the rest are blehs,

I vote!

Thats an awesome nomination, although I dont think there is an actually award for something like that. haha Its a huge compliment.. thanks!

Very nice work Tayoko. The first set of icons had a nice simplicity to them that most people really liked.

I'd find it hard for anyone not to like the new icons, great job.
Danny Roe wrote:
Very nice work Tayoko. The first set of icons had a nice simplicity to them that most people really liked.

I'd find it hard for anyone not to like the new icons, great job.

Thanks Danny Roe, hopefully with the new art and features, as well an an extensive single-player story mode, we can make our mark on Byond.

I was looking over your Member's page... has everything turned out okay on your end?

ZhugeXLiang wrote:

I vote!

One good game? Wow, way to set the bar low for BYOND. Efencea's a great game...but I doubt that in the beginning of the year it will surpass ALL the '09 games. I mean yay...good icons...but...over-exageration much?
Choka wrote:
ZhugeXLiang wrote:

I vote!

One good game? Wow, way to set the bar low for BYOND. Efencea's a great game...but I doubt that in the beginning of the year it will surpass ALL the '09 games. I mean yay...good icons...but...over-exageration much?

Probably, who knows... the year is young!
To be honest, I havent played the game once.
Rugg wrote:
To be honest, I havent played the game once.

Thennn...play it...?
Page: 1 2