ID:55552

Keywords: rl, taxes
So about 5 minutes ago I opened a letter from SKAT, the tax collection... agency, in Denmark. Apparently they've given me 14 days to pay 42385DKK back in taxes, that I supposedly accumulated in the year 2007.

Some quick easy math tells me that in order to be behind 42385DKK in taxes, I'd need to have earned roughly 100000DKK. And then paid zero taxes from it, which means whoever I worked for would either be failing to report taxes properly or I'd be working for money under the table. Thats an impressive 100000DKK, especially considering the fact that I was *unemployed* in 2007 except for the last two months, where I'm now looking at the paychecks where I was deducted properly in wages for taxes.

What the blazing heck. I can't wait to call them on Monday and figure out if I should consider myself royally screwed (student wages, 42000DKK? Yeah, right) or yell at them for making some huge mistake and scaring the crap out of me. As a point of reference, 42000DKK is about $9000
It's over 9000?

That sucks, it was probably just a mistake. Tons of agencies make mistakes regarding the names of someone; both my mother and grandma have/had the same name, so even after my grandma died, my mom got her mail etc.
heh, sounds like fun! in a similar vein, they gave me 13,000 DKK in my tax return in 2008, then 2 weeks later wrote me saying 'oops we sent you too much money! please send 1300DKK back.'

i didn't. just waited for them to take it out of *this* years tax return.