ID:55633

I am about to blow your mind.

a) Barack Obama is the number 1 recipient of campaign contributions from AIG

b) AIG insurred the World Trade Centers against Terrorism very shortly before 9/11

c) Barack Obama's middle name is Hussein

THEREFOR, Barack Obama caused 9/11.

(/sarcasm)

Corporations can't contribute to a campaign. It is not surprising that the Democrats received more campaign contributions from AIG employees than Republicans, since the Obama campaign received more in total contributions overall. Mr McCain still received lots of money as well, dont forget that.

Also, dont worry so much about contributions from employees at X or Y company, worry about the actions taken from political figures. Barack Obama is president now, he isnt like the other paid off members of congress, I mean logically, if you were running for president and you were going to do it in the interests of Corporations like AIG like people are insinuating, wouldnt you not raise taxes for people making over 250,000 a year? wouldnt you stop the bill returning 90% of AIG bonuses? Actions speak louder than contributions, Obama ran on a platform of transparancy and protecting Main Street from Wall Street, his policies are all progressive taxation and higher regulation on the financial markets. Why would people insinuate that he is pandering to corporations? He has shown no characteristics of being under the thumb of big corporations compared to the last few presidents. I mean, Clinton had Citigroup, George Bush had Enron and the collapse of the Finance sector actually happened under his administration and under his de-regulation, now people are trying to pin Corporate pandering on Obama when he is just fixing a mess created by George, be real hysterical alarmist right wing media, you know this financial collapse wasnt Obama's fault because we all said long before the election happened that you would try to pin it on him. This is all too obvious.

PS: I dont support Congress in its current incarnation at all, we all know that Chris Dodd is in bed with these big banks and AIG, we all know that most of congress is, congress in the USA is the most corrupt institution I have ever heard of. Also, no, I dont think the AIG protests are being created by democratic groups like ACORN in some conspiracy, I think it is a bunch of people who are pissed off at AIG (rightly so) for getting million dollar bonuses with taxpayer money, why would that be a setup? what does the Democratic party gain from falsifying protests of AIG? Also ACORN is just a group that encourages people to get involved with politics and to vote, it is not some group that conspires to manipulate world events. Its mostly grass-roots focused with urban youth involvement in politics.
They changed their name. It's IOU now or something.
IcewarriorX wrote:
They changed their name. It's IOU now or something.

XDDD i seriously laughed my ass off.
Seriously... o.o xD
Mr McCain still received lots of money as well, dont forget that.

'Everybody else was doing it' is not an excuse.
I think you ignored the larger part of the argument which is that the dollar amount comes from employees of the corporation and the corporation itself is not legally allowed to donate.

Considering how many employees AIG has the total donation figure is in line with political donations in general for individuals to each campaign, the fact that people pretending that AIG the corporation handed out 130,000 to Barack Obama in some shady underhanded way is just naive, the executives contributed to his campaign but when you take note that the firm had thousands of employees, you end up in a situation where it is likely this figure is comprised of an average of 2 dollar donations of the individual employees of the firm. It is a stupid accusation to make that Barack Obama panders to AIG when he has been acting in a way that is incredibly invasive of AIG and certainly not something big corporations are appreciating. So dont be stupid and pretend like Obama did something wrong by accepting campaign donations from people who work for insurance companies, the media just spins it around to misrepresent facts to seem like the corporation AIG bribed Obama, when really such things arent allowed.