Icon Ultima

by Enigmaster2002
Icon Ultima
ID:55951

The Tibbius server that hosted the 24/7 shell server is gone.

Wiznet will no longer work and all of the extraneous features like Confucious and bug reporting will not work.

The hosting files are still available at a different address.

However, given the direction BYOND was going when I more or less stopped coming here, it's likely the game won't even run on newer versions of Dream Maker. Last I heard, there was going to be a mandatory minimum version number to prevent people from simply not updating.

The source files for Icon Ultima will never be distributed, in part or in whole, either for free or any material exchange, including but not limited to any representation of monetary holdings, or any intellectual property under any license. Anyone selling, giving away, in possession of, or engaged in distribution of any piece or the entirety of Icon Ultima's source files is in possession of stolen material.
this game is awesome
its cool
but a lot of lag
Juanmasterm wrote:
its cool
but a lot of lag

As far as the shell is concerned, I'm not certain what's happening to people who claim to experience latency, since it's constrained to a group that's very small in number while the remainder of the player base never experiences this problem.
Best game ever
Mobius Evalon wrote:
As far as the shell is concerned, I'm not certain what's happening to people who claim to experience latency, since it's constrained to a group that's very small in number while the remainder of the player base never experiences this problem.

The very few people still on a dialup connection would be my first guess. Not realising there's a 10FPS limit would be my second.
Thanks for making this game mobi.I m axel(you can find me on the steps of the awesome box)
DarkSide66 wrote:
we need icon ultima host files back icon ultima is dieing now

You do realise the game is in record numbers right? 50 - 70 players was a once every six months kinda deal back in days of old. Now it's a daily occurrence.

Your statement couldn't be more incorrect.
The ppoint im trying 2 make is i know alot of ppl that left and some that i ask the reason they said because they cant host no more.. doesnt that give u a clue even my sister angel646 left because she cant host.
DarkSide66 wrote:
The ppoint im trying 2 make is i know alot of ppl that left and some that i ask the reason they said because they cant host no more.. doesnt that give u a clue even my sister angel646 left because she cant host.

I'm gonna take this opportunity to say that people who left just because they can't host left simply because they can't easily get a position of power anymore.
Mobius Evalon wrote:
DarkSide66 wrote:

I'm gonna take this opportunity to say that people who left just because they can't host left simply because they can't easily get a position of power anymore.

Perhaps you should release a host version that doesn't contain a form of host recommendatory system. Leave them with the controls DreamDaemon gives them and leave it at that. At least they can't leave under the fake pretence of not being able to host any more.
Mobius Evalon wrote:
DarkSide66 wrote:

Im a old old player and well the ability to host a server was a fun reason to play the game , if you dont like one server you could always go to a next one. now that thats gone were stuck with one server , ive recently played it and i dont like it.so the host and power or w/e? it was better that way.
Monkey121 wrote:
Im a old old player and well the ability to host a server was a fun reason to play the game , if you dont like one server you could always go to a next one. now that thats gone were stuck with one server , ive recently played it and i dont like it.so the host and power or w/e? it was better that way.

Unless you have another key, a two year old player isn't exactly what we consider "old old". You have to be around for six, seven or more years for that one.

As for the current server, what exactly do you not like about it?
hello i am here to report a tank keeps coming to me and destroying all of my stuff i worked hard on making and making my connection fail.
Idk whats happening to you all this is da best game on byond besides paradise city
you should add the host files back
FIX ICON ULTIMA TO BE RAN IN DREAM DAEMON AND STILL HAVE HOST TAB.
DREAM SEEKER USES UP UNNECESSARY COMPUTER RESOURCES WHEN YOURE NOT PLAYING AND DREAM DAEMON DOESNT AND JUST USES UP WHAT YOU NEED TO HOST.
LIKE CHAO CHATTERZ.
THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.
000000000 wrote:
FIX ICON ULTIMA TO BE RAN IN DREAM DAEMON AND STILL HAVE HOST TAB.
DREAM SEEKER USES UP UNNECESSARY COMPUTER RESOURCES WHEN YOURE NOT PLAYING AND DREAM DAEMON DOESNT AND JUST USES UP WHAT YOU NEED TO HOST.
LIKE CHAO CHATTERZ.
THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

What the hell are you on about?

The released version of the hose files currently out there is like, two years out of date now. That'd be why there are issues with host files and unnecessary resource usage.

Chao Chatters has some of the worst code I've ever seen. Less then that of your average Zeta rip. Comparing it to anything on BYOND is just an insult to the comparison.

Stop typing in all capitals. It does nothing but annoy everyone.
Christhesith wrote:
Sadly I just got back from another ban

You're welcome.

And when I got back, my Reprimand status was updated, no reason at all?

Fixed.

For the record, you were accused of using an RSC Extractor to steal user icons. See that it doesn't happen again.
Icon Ultima is a great game.
'Nuff Said.
:D
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9