- Fixed another problem with deleting characters that was keeping the form-based demo from working.
December 22, 2004:
- Thanks to Wizkidd0123, fixed default behavior to actually delete characters.
July 12, 2003:
- Changed behavior so that on login if Move() fails, the mob is forced to the destination.
- Added form-based character creation demo.
- Added ability to customize menu appearance by overriding ChooseCharacterMenu() and DeleteCharacterMenu().
Plus, most saves are kept server-side instead of client-side anyways, so, it is basically meaningless for encryption, and it would help fix oopsies in savefiles where the developer fudged something up or in general want to edit like lvl or exp or whatever easily.
It would at first need support for seeing if there is a .txt file to read, and if so read, it, else, if there is a save, load it, so people can transition over to that type of savefile, then, it can delete .sav's all by itself as it finishes converting over to .txt saves.
Otherwise, if there is some kind of thing which can take directories of things and change them over all at once, there would need to be a thing for that, and then a changed char handling for txt saves.