Your First World

by Dantom
A simple project to get you started.
XD necesito ayuda para crear un juego donde esta la guia para hacerlo¿?
hey what dream maker and where do i find it LordAndrew
In response to LoopKing
Hey there LoopKing. Dream Maker is BYOND's tool-set for creating games. It includes the compiler, a code editor, an icon editor, and a map editor. It comes packaged with the standard installation. You can download it and BYOND here.
Hey! I'm having trouble downloading this.

The error I get when I press on download:

"The address wasn't understood

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (byond) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

And I have byond installed/unpacked.
In response to Frozensiox
Hey there. I'm not very good at diagnosing these kind of issues, but the folks over at the BYOND Help forums may be able to help you.
Ah alright, thanks for reminding me Lord :), didn't have that in mind so that should actually do it haha, thank you for the quick response and the help!

[Edit] Just solved the problem, which was that when I downloaded Byond, I downloded the .zip file instead of the .exe, so I didn't really install Byond, but now I have.

Still, thanks again for the help :)!
this doesnt work for me, whenever i open map.dmm, it always says "Compilation errors present; recompile (CTRL+K) and correct them in order to use the object tree & edit maps."
But, whenever i do recompile it gives me 6 errors saying that it cannot find the .dmi files for the icons. Any tips/help?

P.S. the errors say:
loading Your First World.dme
main-a.dm:52:error: 'player.dmi': cannot find file
main-a.dm:55:error: 'rat.dmi': cannot find file
main-a.dm:66:error: 'floor.dmi': cannot find file
main-a.dm:69:error: 'wall.dmi': cannot find file
main-a.dm:87:error: 'cheese.dmi': cannot find file
main-a.dm:90:error: 'scroll.dmi': cannot find file
Your First World.dmb - 6 errors, 0 warnings (4/24/16 4:43 pm)
In response to Supboi5503
Hey, I just happened to see this because I had the same problem. I don't think this tutorial has been updated recently to keep up with changes to the engine itself. Anyway, there's an easy fix for this part at least.

Open the project in DM, and go to the Build drop down menu at the top, then click "Preferences for Your First World"

Check the top box, then compile and it should come up with no errors.

I think at some point it's changed so that it doesn't automatically check sub-folders for resources unless you manually allow it.
In response to Frozensiox
Frozensiox wrote:
Hey! I'm having trouble downloading this.

The error I get when I press on download:

"The address wasn't understood

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (byond) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

And I have byond installed/unpacked.

I know this post is older than dirt but, how you fix that issue is by uninstalling Byond, then reinstall it. The problem will be fixed.
Page: 1 2