Dragon Warrior: Shadows of Erdrick

by 8bitdream
The ball of light has been lost. Gain power as you search for it in this large world.
Starting a new campaign effort:

"Meth for host! SoE 2013"

Who's in? ;-)
I am in also too but it is going to be tough to get soe back up unless CanCan is able to take full control of the game without listening to other staff. Cancan put a lot of effort into the game and it shouldn't die out just because some staff want the game to be gone.
well cant we atleast talk about the loser ranger and soldier in red who took the game way to seriouslly like a LOSER isnt that right rodile :) <3 u
That's it, I'm Saging both my characters next time.
cave of trials nuff said
OH GOD FOUR TIMES THE COT
As a player whose been not around as much due to mass poundings from the almighty ban hammer of soda, I still consider myself an old player and you know what. The old players should be taking offense to what some of you are saying. It's not right to throw Soda and Lute under the bus because the game went down. Even though none of you wanna hear it someone has to say it so get over it. Stop blaming them for shit that was out of there hands. You wanna blame someone you wanna bitch to someone bitch to the main 2 people who caused all of this to begin with, Shad for being an arrogant prick even if it was not intentional, no one played because he would troll them into the ground and back up again because he clearly did not know how to treat players and blame Can for everything he/she did to royally fuck up the server. Soda and Lute more Soda than Lute did what they could to keep this game up and its wrong to treat people like that.
I looked back over 30 comments spanning the last 6 months, and the only mention of Lute is that he wished the game would remain in the hands of those people who have it. I dont see ANY mention of Soda. The only negative comment is from Light and its not talking about anyone, just staff in general. So you're trying to place blame on Can for ''ruining'' the game? SoE was fucking dead, so Can reworked it. Boohoo. Lute trusted Can with the game, so why cant you accept his changes? He breathed enough life into the game to keep it going for 2 years, are you really complaining about that? Let me remind you that Shad was only made a mod by Tet who wasn't even really an official part of the staff, he was just hosting since Soda wasn't able to. They don't deserve any blame for that. Everybody just misses the game. Its a damn good game, I don't blame them. Are we not allowed to share memories of it? Cause that's whats been mostly going on here...

I only offered to host in case the only reason we couldn't have a server was cause Soda wasn't able to host anymore and I have amazing internets that is just going to waste, I'd be happy to share bandwith just to see it get used.
You need to use your meth power to host. After all, you are a staff. All the trolling and flaming must stop. Players play the game for fun, not to follow some ridiculous rules. What you can do or what you can't do? That is the question. Bam. You break a rule and you are gone. No question asked.

...in other news Meth... if you think it'll be up all the time, I'll hand the SoE2 reins over to you. I'll even send over the save files, so oldbies do not get discouraged.

As it is, I have to take down the server every few days to rest the laptop. The population has been very sparse, but I just like to offer it in case nostalgia hits people or curious people want to check it out.

I just request that should you be done hosting it down the line, sending save files back to me so I can continue people's progress should I play pick up.
Sky, I'm not sure where your comments about Canthus came from, but I'd have to say they're largely unfounded. Can did what he could to keep the game alive, despite the game being on life support and having difficult code. Shad on the other hand...while I don't mind him, I believe Shad existing as a moderator certainly didn't do the game any justice. I don't think we lost our player base simply because of that p-wipe rumor or Shad's trouble making; some of us just tend to give newbies the cold shoulder. I know I'm hardly the shining example of a good player. Shad stirring shit and harassing newbies certainly did not help, as mentioned above. Complaining and finger-pointing isn't what we should be doing right now, however.

I've mentioned this many times, but I would love start playing SoE again. I'd try my damnedest in the attempt to get new players. The game holds a lot of sentimental value to me. So much so that I've got nostalgia for it. Go figure, nostalgia for a Byond game.
A damn shame. SOE1, while it had flaws, was one of my first experiences with online gaming, it will always hold a special place in my heart. It helped me find a place in the BYOND DW community, since DWO never had any players or servers running when I first started playing.

Pour some out for the heroes who didn't make it.
Does anyone know how long this game has been around?
We own rights to this and the future generation of your babies. Now if excuse me, we have to sue people like you who refuse to play/pay our online games. Thanks for your time.
SOE 1 is up and running for now who knows how long if anyone wants in the links byond://68.38.212.99:80
Bev here. I was wondering if anyone is willing to show me where to get SoE1 host files? I want to try it out privately.
Wow, this is wonderful! Who decided that it should go back up and why? Does Lute know its being run?
Neither Lute nor Soda approved this server. I'm not sure if Soda has told Lute if this server exists yet.
All the lawls... Too bad some of us actually know who you are sir. Dont you get sick of making accounts?
I love people who don't understand the situation, OR who they're "agreeing" with.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Login to reply.