Hello,

I was really interested in that second game idea you had posted on my blog earlier... If you are still interested in doing a game like that, I'd love to help out as far as programming is concerned.
CauTi0N wrote:
Hello,

I was really interested in that second game idea you had posted on my blog earlier... If you are still interested in doing a game like that, I'd love to help out as far as programming is concerned.

I'd also like to do it, but currently, I'm pressed on time (college) -- I definitely cannot take a primary role in programming, but I can certainly help (not to mention, I can do other things, too, like design). If that's still okay, let me know.
What year in college are you?
Freshman. I'm inbetween semesters right now, but soon enough I'll be a sophomore :D
Nice. Did you start straight out of highschool?
Yeah. I needed to, or I'd never pass the math courses (due to my forgetfulness).
Haha; a common trait you and I share. I'm tanking all my math and physics right away, and leaving programming for later. I figure I'll just teach myself as much as I can, and then expand/solidify my skills in classes.
Ah, but that's where we differ: I'm taking all the programming courses ASAP (well, I'm taking one per semester), so I don't get too bored. And my physics is a 300 level class, so I won't be able to take it for a while (and it's a really terrible-sounding one -- right down to the electronics in computers). Is that similar to your physics course?
No, we're doing Mechanics and Fluids, Calculus 1 being it's prerequisite. Yeah, I'm getting really bored, but it actually keeps me motivated to keep learning whatever programming I can. Lately I've been interested in C++ but I might tackle Java with a buddy of mine, because he knows nothing of programming and is afraid he will fail his course. ;P

PHP is a favorite of mine too. :)
Ah. That sounds even worse, from what I remember of it from high school. Haha, if he's got someone to guide him on his way through the course, he won't fail unless he doesn't try. :P
Yeah, and hopefully I'll be able to pick up Java in the process. Considering it'd be the equivalent of me being taught by a UC Berkeley professor for free. ;)

What school do you attend?
A cheesy local college, nothing fancy :P
Yeah, me too. Gonna spend 2 years there, tank my General Ed., take a year off to attend a year-long college-camp-trip (hard to explain), and then transfer to either UC Davis or UC Berkeley. No shame!

I didn't have money for a good college anyways. :P
Haha, a fantastic plan =)
I don't think very many people have the money to pay for college, yet they keep raising tuition. Makes perfect sense =P
How have we never talked before? Hm.
I've no idea. =P
Well, I look forward to more of your works, and hopefully this can be the start of a good friendship.
Yes, and I too to you! :D
Thank you for asking a question that I am sure lots of people were also wondering, I took the liberty of answering your post in the blog comments section. If you have any more questions please feel free to use our Live Chat system for more direct responses.
+1 post :P
Page: 1 2 3 4