ID:57166

I'm glad to say everyone on my block participated and shut down their computers and their TVs for a whole hour! Billions of people across the nation turned off their lights as a symbol of appreciation towards earth. For some reason I am quite proud of myself for not checking my hotmail for a full hour or playing my WII. Be sure to comment if you also joined us for a full hour of symbolism.
I didn't see a huge point in doing so, nor do I see one in being proud of it. You and a billion amount of others have saved an hour of electricity! Woo! That will show them?

If you really wanna be so proud to help Earth, go for a month, or even a year without electricity. Then I will be amazed.
It's a global vote between earth and global warming. Read my link for more of the description.
I know what it is. Still doesn't mean anything. I saw the last one who blogged about it.
I don't know why, this is there voice in my head saying "You've done a good deed". Don't you like that feeling, knowing that thousands of people even places (Times Square and San Fransico Bridge) are getting together and turning off their lights. Maybe you think its stupid along with many people, but I think its quite fun having the time to pray for what we have. Many people don't have lights or electricity so I salute them. That quite raps up my post for today :)
I have every one of my Plasma TVs on. Every light bulb was on even though it wasn't used. Basically in that very hour I used the most electricity ever.
Troy1121 wrote:
I don't know why, this is there voice in my head saying "You've done a good deed". Don't you like that feeling, knowing that thousands of people even places (Times Square and San Fransico Bridge) are getting together and turning off their lights. Maybe you think its stupid along with many people, but I think its quite fun having the time to pray for what we have. Many people don't have lights or electricity so I salute them. That quite raps up my post for today :)

The problem is, you haven't done a good deed. At all. By turning off your lights, you don't support more efficient forms of energy, you don't solve global warming, and you don't contribute to any realistic answer to the problem in the first place. It's a pointless gesture that just makes people feel better about themselves instead of dealing with the problems at hand.
Vexonater wrote:
The problem is, you haven't done a good deed. At all. By turning off your lights, you don't support more efficient forms of energy, you don't solve global warming, and you don't contribute to any realistic answer to the problem in the first place. It's a pointless gesture that just makes people feel better about themselves instead of dealing with the problems at hand.

He's about 15, let him bask in his "good deed" it's not that big of a deal.
I went outside and burned plastic.
I'm 18 turning 19 November 13. Of and yes, yes I will bask more. It really wasn't a big deal it was just something I took part in this year.
Meh, if I had somethin else I could be doin during that one hour I would...So I didn't participate...:S
Troy1121 wrote:
I'm 18 turning 19 November 13. Of and yes, yes I will bask more. It really wasn't a big deal it was just something I took part in this year.

Did not mean to offend you in my post lol. I respect that you did do that though, even if it contributes little-none, no sarcasm intended, BECAUSE I DID THE SAME. =]
Troy1121 wrote:

Did not mean to offend you in my post lol. I respect that you did do that though, even if it contributes little-none, no sarcasm intended, BECAUSE I DID THE SAME. =]
<sarcasm> GREAT! </sarcasm>
That's the best right there.
And turning off your lights did what for the world?
People troll anything these days.

Anywho,if at the very least, you have to pay less on your eletric bill. Lmao

I didn't even know about this event, or I might have done it.

@ Blue box08
It may have very well done nothing. Who cares, its more of a symbol. It means people CARE, and it was a way to show it. In my eyes, he has the right to feel like hes done something good.
W1ldr3x wrote:
People troll anything these days.

Anywho,if at the very least, you have to pay less on your eletric bill. Lmao

I didn't even know about this event, or I might have done it.

@ Blue box08
It may have very well done nothing. Who cares, its more of a symbol. It means people CARE, and it was a way to show it. In my eyes, he has the right to feel like hes done something good.

Actually, answer this question. Did you keep the lights off after the hour was up, or did you resume your normal energy usage? If the answer is the latter, you have no right to feel good about yourself.
I stated that I didn't even paretake in this event.
But, even if you DID do the latter, you still did more than other people even cared to do.
earth hour lol, nothing to be proud of at all.
Page: 1 2