ID:572305

Resolved
BYOND Version:493
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 17.0.963.79
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
You can only transfer money to your alliance depending on how many ports you have, Now I classed this as a bug because of how unrealistic and stupid this sounds but if you have 10,000,000 Wood and 20,000,000 Cash Even though wood is like 10X Heavier than Cash I can still only transfer the same amount and anyway Who needs to use ports to transfer money in the future era, Did Credit Cards disappear off the face of the earth? Please Change this? Perhaps make it so we can transfer Unlimited cash and also make ports more effective or make something for the future era so you can transfer not just millions of resources but billions, Nice if your trying to help someone out too.
I agree. Ports don't do as much as I believe possible. Maybe just triple the effectiveness in modern age, and 5x the effectiveness in future age.
I've moved this to feature requests as it isn't actually a bug.

Your quite right, the weight of resources are clearly different, so its something well worth putting in. In the modern era, ships are still the most widely used transportation of resources, so ports will keep their job as # of resources available to move. However I will look into changing the amounts based on weight for the next version (likely in the next 48 hours).

However, cash would not be transferred by 'credit cards' between nations, but rather by gold bullion. Therefore, cash will end up being the heaviest, not the lightest to transfer, which I think would be good anyway. Players shouldn't expect a quick ride by other players, but resources could help them instead by having enough wood to build buildings, or food for towns while waiting to build farms, etc.

There is research available to increase it as well already in place, perhaps I will increase its effects.
Acebloke resolved issue