Murder Mansion

by SuperSaiyanGokuX
Murder Mansion
Not for the faint of heart...
i find the controlls jerkish and wonky, it moves around the camera not really centering alot on the players character. I also find the AI to be moronic and random. Other than that its interesting and i see potental if you work on it more.
Hey can you make it so that when you run into another person with an item equipped or the Fist it attacks? Would be simpler and more effective I think.
The music selection in MM has slowly been expanded over the years, from the default song as the original (and only) to what's in there today.

Most of the current music options were added after a meticulous selection process that consisted of the following steps:

1) Google search for "spooky/scary/creepy/Halloween/etc midis"
2) Find lists of such midis on several sites that were leftovers from the 90's with flashing .gif graphics and crappy layouts (like: http://www.angelfire.com/games4/carrigon/home/halwen1.htm )
3) Look through lists for anything that I knew and decided would be cool to add (mostly the well-known horror theme songs)
4) Listen to anything that I didn't know, but had a cool name to see if it sounds cool and "fits" MM. Add them if they meet the discerning criteria.

It was step 4 that you have to thank for the addition of Danse Macabre...lol
How can I import more music into the game? I found some more midis i like but i dont know how to put them in.
I don't suppose anyone still has a download of the original old version, do they?
In response to T1migi
Probably. I'll look later.
they say to this day t1migi is still waiting for the original old version
Dude, I fuckin miss BYOND.
In response to Bonapart
I am, in fact, still to this day searching for the original version of Murder Mansion. lmfao
Every now and then, I think of Murder Mansion, and I remember the times spent playing it in the good old days, and my archivist's soul yearns to once again experience it the way it was back then... And also because the way the "camera" moves now makes me kind of sick. It's likely lost media for the rest of time... But maybe some day it'll turn up?
I've been missing the old version as well and decided to look in old byond files from a while ago, turns out i still have an old version dated from 10/31/2006, I have no idea how to share this build nor if this is hostable at all.

Though it does seem to have the "look ahead" camera so this may not be the version you have been looking for?
In response to Link2006
this game is honestly too good to let die, if you find a way to upload the files to dropbox or mega or a similar site, do be sure to post it here so that it's not lost to time for all eternity
I've tried to host the old version but it doesn't seem to be publicly joinable from the main page at all, BYOND probably has checks to make sure it only supports the latest version instead? I've not hosted in many years so i have no clue if i'm just doing this wrong.

They're also in DMB format so i have no clue if that changes anything, but here's the mega folder for both versions https://mega.nz/folder/IA8y2Y7L#BA6n-ZF020ce7wW0_GBH8Q
i'm sure this'll make t1migi very happy, if he's even still around
Page: 1 2 3 4