ID:57796

Keywords: misc

YourIcy? RSS Feeds?

A quick look at some of my recent discoveries.

A little while ago I came across the information that Aaiko from Inccusion had founded a social networking site. It wasne't until recently that I actually decided to check it out. I Registered and assembled a page that fits me.

http://youricy.com/

Upon arrival I immediatly realized how akin the website is to BYOND. I thought it was pretty cool since it was almost like an advanced member's blog but free of charge.

Being founded by Aaiko made it the ideal place for BYOND players to gather, that's was the real selling point for me. Although since the website is fairly new Is's not as feature-packed as something like Myspace or Facebook, But I've found that all of the current features are sufficient to keep in contact with all of my BYOND friends... not that I have many >_>

Right now the community is tiny, and few get online per hour. It needs more members,, hopefully this blog will recruit some readers. The site isn't too fancy, but It works. And It's a great BYOND developer/artist/players to gather.

http://youricy.com/?p=tayoko

That's my page there ^^. If you decide to make a page (and fix it up, I'm not going to add blank pages) Add me to your friends.

I've also recently started using RSS feeds with Google reader. It's pretty darn awesome. And I found out that Tayoko's shadow has a feed.. so subscribe!

:D haha
Oh crap, I still have to make my CSS. Can I do it later, sir? :(
Haywire wrote:

The site has a bunch of CSS layouts for member use. Just use one of those? Really I'm mainly concerned about information, pictures and stuff like that.. you know? that stuff the site was made for.. haha
Tayoko wrote:
Haywire wrote:

The site has a bunch of CSS layouts for member use. Just use one of those? Really I'm mainly concerned about information, pictures and stuff like that.. you know? that stuff the site was made for.. haha

Yep, I'll just make my own CSS and contribute to the community be releasing the stylesheet. It's not biggie, I'll do it later though, my mum needs help with the grocery (:().

Eh made one

YourIcy also has an RSS feed reader on your home page (with alerts).
Don't forget to add me guys! >:[
RSS is my best friend ever. Anyone who doesn't take advantage of it needs to stop using the internet, or find a site to use it with. >_>
I created one a long time ago and notice you joined my group ;D, but just like myspace I don't visit it too much but I will start to do so more often.
Aaiko doesn't look as friendly as Myspace's Tom. He needs to take a new picture of him with maybe a dog and a smile.
IcewarriorX wrote:
Aaiko doesn't look as friendly as Myspace's Tom. He needs to take a new picture of him with maybe a dog and a smile.

He's well aware he currently looks a "creepy jon guy".
Tayoko wrote:

Ah he's not that creepy now
DYS wrote:
Tayoko wrote:

Ah he's not that creepy now

So your first impression of him was creepy? hehe ;P