In response to Tom
A.T.H.K wrote:
You sir have no faith.
Indeed, I don't. Especially not in some massively beneficial product that has supposedly been working for nearly 2 years, but has yet to be publicly released in any way.

Tom wrote:
The main problem is that byond games can't realistically handle 5000+ persistent connections
A lot more traffic should be expected from 5,000 people constantly updating locations through gameplay, global chat, graphical content in general, etc; vs JOE SENT A MESSAGE, BILL RECEIVED MESSAGE

(any game that does this is decentralized with more complex networking).
Lies and madness! I know of a private WoW server that was comfortably hosting almost 7,000 players from a single machine.

Also, we may be focusing on the issue of "instant" messaging, but this request is for a lot more than that. First off, beyond just instant messaging, is a change to the way messaging looks; Instead of just a blob of text with every kind of message mixed together with nearly identical formatting. And also the all-in-one aspect to the pager, where all features of BYOND can be consistently accessed from the app that represents it.
Anything that would result in a more unified all-in-one type experience would likely be a large improvement. It doesn't matter whether the pager moves to the website, or the website (particularly hubs, and such) works within the pager; there just needs to be an option that doesn't make the user switch back and forth all over the place a lot.

Anything else is just a bonus in my opinion. I like FA's points about the hub chat, that does have some potential in my opinion. The rest just needs an improvement on format, set up, appearance, and such; much like Falacy mentioned above.
Higoten resolved issue with message:
Many of these features have been integrated into BYOND 5.0
Page: 1 2 3